Magic bands on which hand?

This may be a silly question, but is it better for most tap stands to wear the bands on right hand, or left? Or doesn’t it matter?

1 Like

They have them on both sides.

2 Likes

Right hand. If i put it on the left I cant put my backpack on with out it catching on the band. Maybe that’s just me.

1 Like

I always wear a watch on my left wrist, so my MB goes on the right.

4 Likes

I do the same.

2 Likes

I actually wear my one the left hand because I do not wear a watch and that seems the most comfortable for me.

Have at it and go with which feels more comfy to you!!!

1 Like

Same!

I have a MB question: my hubby has a lot of skin sensitivity. Has anyone here ever had any irritation from the material the bands are made from? I’m questioning whether or not to buy him one of the keychain thingies to use instead of the wristband.

Same here. Watch on left, magic band on right.

I have sensitive skin, including a sensitivity to latex. I have never had any issues with my magic bands.

1 Like

I also have very sensitive skin. I am fine as long as the band is not too tight. If it’s tight I get some mild issue.

1 Like

Magic bands are made from a kind of plastic, so irritation is probably not an issue (apart from, perhaps, sweating!). No latex or silicon, etc.

1 Like

You will need to use a finger for the finger scan at the same time that you tap in, so the finger you use should be on the other hand than the MB. I put it on my left wrist, but since the tap stands are on both sides, half the time I had to cross arms.

Did they change this since my last visit? I used the same hand. Scanned band, turned green, then used finger, turned green, and we were on our way. It wasn’t simultaneous; it was consecutive in that order…

1 Like

Maybe we were just doing it the hard way. The cast members at the gate indicated that it had to be done simultaneously, and we didn’t argue with them. We are going back in May, and I’ll test it out.

1 Like

Band and finger don’t have to be simultaneous. I end up having to wear my son’s band sometimes and it always ends up on the arm that I also use my finger for (it’s easier for me to do it as opposed to having him remember which finger he scanned).

1 Like