Magic Bands for off site?

We are Going to be visiting AK and Epcot in March and staying off-site for the first time. Wondering if it’s worth buying Magic Bands for the 4 of us and if not, how will park entry/tickets work? I have them purchased and located in my app but wasn’t sure how admission works without Magic Bands for each member of our party of 4.

1 Like

I rarely stay off site but my understanding is that your MagicBand will work perfectly fine for entry / LLs if you are staying offsite. The only difference is 1) you can’t use your MB as your room key (obviously); 2) you can’t make charges using your MB; and 3) you won’t get the discount on MB purchases.

I might be missing a factor, but off the top of my head those are the major points to consider.

2 Likes

We always stay offsite. Iy you have some old MB those are very likely already liked to your account and you can use them. Check on the MDE > My MagicBands and Cards menu. You can also go to a ticket booth and ask for cards instead. In my opinion either option is better than your phone.

Other than room charge everything else works the same.

3 Likes

We got cards in the mail the last time, and they worked just fine for tapping in.

1 Like

You can still use any previous MB/MB2/MB+, or you can get a plastic ticket. They will all have an NFC chip that will all connect to your account.

The procedure is a bit different at Disneyland.

1 Like