Magic Bands and stacked tickets

We have unexpired days on our magic bands (well, really the account :wink: ) from our last trip. I know last time it caused some issues with combining old & new tickets. Has anyone had any experience with this recently? Have they solved the problems? (problems booking FP+, sometimes entry problems, etc. - spent a lot of time with tech support there.)

I would like to know this as well. I would actually like to unlink my old tickets to avoid problems since we wonā€™t be using them this trip. But IT told me on the phone yesterday that it couldnā€™t be done. They can transfer to another account but cannot simply unlink. So Iā€™m hoping the stacking works!

I think it still causes problems. I saw somewhere that Disney can designate a ā€œprimaryā€ ticket. So the days on thay ticket get used first. I would call and ask about that.

Thatā€™s what they did last time I was there, but it took a few tries to get it right. I have 1 non-expire day left for me, DW & DS, and twin DDs have 4 non-expire days left.

What we did last time was use the regular ticket first, then start tapping into the non-expire stuff. Otherwise I would have lost all the tickets as the non-expire would have been used first, and anything left on the regular tickets would expire after 14 days. :frowning:

I think this will require a call to Disney IT. hopefully I can find the number somewhere.

Where did you do that - in the park? Downtown Disney? Seems like if you go through the tapstyle it would take a day from ā€œsomeā€ ticket and if it was the wrong one it would be a hassle to get straightened out. I know I spent far too much time on this last September, although to be fair it was when they were in the middle of rolling it out.

I did it at guest services at DTD, but you could do it at GS at any park. The key is to go to GS before you tap in.

Thanks. I tried at DTD last time but still had problems the next morning for our pre-RD CRT ressie. And to top it all off, the place to get it fixed was INSIDE the park in the Town Square theater. Smh.

Oh well, at least Iā€™ve got another year for them to work the kinks out before we go back :smile:

Oh, bummer. Well, hopefully next time it will work out!

I thought there was a place on the MDE site where you could un-attach a ticket.We have a tickets with only WP&M left on a non-expire and we may not want to use them for a few trips. Might not matter if we donā€™t go to WP or Disney Quest at all on a trip.

No place (that I can find) on MDE to unlink, and according to Disney IT it cannot be done. Or at least according to the first IT cast member I talked to. If I call back in maybe a different CM would tell me something different?
Itā€™s frustrating because I got myself into this mess because I wanted to see how many WP days were left on the tickets. You canā€™t see that through MDE, and they wonā€™t tell you on the phone even after it is linked.