Magic Band swapping

My mom does not like thrill rides so there are times when we have booked FPs in her name that others in the group intend to use. Do you know, if we just bring one of her extra (activated) bands, can the other person use that? Then my mom can keep her band and use that in case she wants to pay for a snack or something? I know there are issues using FPs if a person hasn’t “entered” the park that day, but that won’t be the case here.

1 Like

Yep, we did it when we recently visited. I wouldn’t swap it right in front of a CM, but otherwise we did it no problem.

3 Likes

I’m not looking to actually swap, but to use my mom’s extra MB (so she can keep hers and go off on her own with it).

I gave my girls the ticket/card when I didn’t want to give up the band.

1 Like

Yes you can do that no problem.

3 Likes

Thanks @qwerty6 and @missoverexcited!

The fun part is when your husband is wearing your daughter’s band and the CM at the touchpoint says, “Have a great ride… Julia” with a knowing glance

6 Likes

Yeah, they will be calling my husband and sons “Vicky”!

2 Likes

thank you for asking this — it never occurred to me!!!

1 Like

I have too many of these crazy last minute questions running through my head!!

I promise the CMs don’t care.
Our last trip we each sported two sets of bands and my kid messed up and used Right Arm band when we needed to use Left Arm band at BTMRR and the CM yelled to DS, “Audrey! You don’t have a FP.” And he came back and tapped the other arm, and they were like “Ok. You’re good.” And could see he his real name…

2 Likes

other than the yelling part that is hilarious!

1 Like

It wasn’t really yelling at him! Yelling UP to where he’d walked to…

And we laughed for hours.

3 Likes

My son, love, love, loves T of T in HS, but I was done riding it for the day. We actually asked the FP workers if we could swap magic bands so he could use mine and ride again. The Cast Member said, No problem! People do it all the time"