Magic Band skins/stickers

I’ve seen these referenced before but wondering if those for those of you who have bought the magic band “skins” on sites like Magic band skins - Etsy
– are they worth it? Do they go on easy and stay on? Everyone knows the frustrations with ordering the upgraded magic bands so thinking about going this route.

Your experiences using them?

I bought one from this shop (ShopEmilyG - Etsy) for my last trip and was really happy with the results.

It doesn’t totally cover the band, I found you could see the edges of the band, and the center puck if you dont use that sticker as well, so I picked one of the free magic bands in a coordinating color. It went on easily, stayed on well. For a couple of bucks each, it would be easy to have a couple and use a different one each day (although once you take the sticker off, its not reusable). I used the same one for the whole trip and its still in great shape and I plan to use again for my upcoming visit.

2 Likes

thanks!

I just ordered some compliments of David’s Vacation Club since we bought through them. Ordered them last night. I was curious as to how they held up. Since they were free though, couldn’t complain much even if they didn’t.

Hmmm… I rented through David’s - is it on their website?

1 Like

I got an email a couple of days ago. It was just at my 60 day mark that I got it. When is that for you?

I am 31 days out…they’ve been great so maybe I will just call them. thanks

1 Like

That’s far enough into it that it might have been deleted from your spam folder. It could have ended up in there, possibly.

1 Like

I bought one from Etsy a couple of years ago and my experience was that it went on fairly easily, stayed on well, and was easy to remove when I wanted to.

However, the cons: it came in two pieces so there was a visible seam, was difficult to line up perfectly/edges showing, and areas of the design completely faded off after 3 days of wear. The fading may or may not happen to others. I haven’t bought any others since to compare. It might be a good idea to coat them with a clear nail polish?

1 Like

I’ve bought from myfantasybands.com which I believe has just shut down, and magicyourband.com. Both fab, easy to apply and stayed put for nearly 3 weeks while wearing the bands 24 hours a day - swimming, showering, sleeping, getting sun cream all over them - and still looked perfect.

2 Likes

We bought a selection for our trip in 2017 and were very happy with them. They can be a bit tricky to fit but if you get it right they do the trick. I had a electric circuit which looked a bit Tron like and glowed in the dark - it lasted the 3 weeks were in WDW both in and out of water. The site we ordered from had a large number of different designs - DD ordered a Moana one. On one sheet there were, I think two identical skins - not so bad if you initially have issues as you can have a second go - with two band lengths and a ‘face’ with separate mickey stickies etc. I had a look at my old band a couple of weeks ago and the skin was still stuck on. Just be aware that the colour of some bands do not work well with some skins (depending on design and colour.

1 Like

I bought a couple of Halloween ones for DD from magicyourband.com last year. Very easy to apply and stayed on perfectly. No fading, scratching or other damage. I did choose a Magic Band in roughly the same color as the skins (orange) for DD, so that the seam wouldn’t be too obvious if I messed up the application. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I bought a bunch of stickers and skins off etsy last year. I found them to hold up fairly well - especially the stickers. The issue I had with the stickers is it wasn’t a solid piece - it was a Mickey head, and then the hat, and then the tiny stars on his sorcerer hat. I ended up using a tweezer (and my reading glasses of course) to piece them all together on the band. It was a bit more of a project than I had envisioned.

The kids loved them though so it worked out well. They got such a kick out of the stickers that topped off the puck head (Santa, peppermint, Jack Skellington Mickey)

Stickers were from:

Skins were from ThimbleThreadsDotCom - Etsy

Nothing faded for us but my skin started to lift a bit. Fine for me as I wasn’t going to pick at it but if it’d been on the kids bands it would’ve been a goner.

1 Like

I believe the email I got from David’s was a code to get some from Magicyourband.com

2 Likes