Magic Band Questions

OK I’ve never used these before. (So some of the questions might be dumb.)

I see there’s some on shopDisney and some displayed when you follow the prompts on MDE, and even more on sale on property.

I think the ones purchased thru MDE will be available for pick-up at our hotel on check-in and they’re already linked to our MDE account?
(As a Canadian, I don’t think they mail them out to us.)
And yes, I know there won’t be free ones in 2021.

Question 1
What about the ones from shopDisney?
I presume they mail those out to me but then I have to link them to MDE?
Or do I present them at check-in and throw myself at the mercy of the CM, asking to link them?

Right now, I’m the only family member with MDE.
The rest just exist on my Family & Friends list all with their reservations and park tickets.
Question 2
Does that mean all of the MBs will be linked to my MDE?
So if my DD26 downloads MDE app after her MB(s) is purchased/linked and starts a profile will her MB have to be transferred or reassigned?

Any insight will be awesome! Thanks!

You can link them yourself. Super easy to do. If I remember later I can send screenshots. CM might be able to add it too on check-in.

I’m going to leave this to someone else. If you have already created her in your MDE it might be messy.

1 Like

Question #2: you can create and manage her for now. If she creates her own account you will go under your friends and family (I think that is it) and send them an email asking to link the accounts. It is funny, my son completely controls his account although I can add him to reservations, purchase tickets for him, etc. once he grabs them, he completely controls his tickets. His girlfriend has her own account now and we are linked but I can take her tickets away from her.

3 Likes

We have a weird situation like this too. Both my older kids have their own MDE accounts. They are both linked to me.
My 22 year old son, I can reassign his tickets, etc.
My 17 year old daughter, I cannot.
:woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Thanks!

I’ve heard ppl saying they have multiple family members trying to do something concurrently on their MDE (like find perfect FP+s) and wondered how it gets set up so Disney knows they’ve got the right person.

Hmmm so I could still reassign their tickets eh?
“I brought you into this Walt Disney World, and I can take you out”

1 Like

I have two of those extended tickets and I thought my son would go in April so I transferred them to him and his girlfriend. Now, he is not going but I have a June trip planned. I can take his girlfriend’s ticket but I actually have to ask him to give his back to me. We are all listed as friends and family so we can add FPs or ADRs to all of us but that control is weird. It must be a setting somewhere.

One more question:
Do they come in kid sizes?

I think they are one size but there is a strip that can be removed to make them smaller?

2 Likes

Yes.

But be sure you mean to remove it because you can’t put it back (or at least we couldn’t figure out how)

2 Likes

No you can’t put it back on, I do this all the time to make the MB fit DW better.

2 Likes

FYI you cannot transfer MB. I’ve tried and was told nope. I live in US and they mail them to me from Disneystore as we wanted cute ones and we did DVC last minute so I just bought them.

1 Like

Also, they are easy to add to your MDE account if you have them mailed. If I can figure it out you can. Lol. There is a link somewhere in there to add them and you just enter the number. Just be sure when you assign them it’s the person you want it to be and don’t let them create an account later because it gets messy.

What happened to me is my daughter wanted all of our Jan 2020 bands and then she decided she didn’t and just threw them away without telling me. Sigh. So come Sept when I booked our last min Oct trip I found two old ones both hers of course. I thought maybe I can reassign one of em and just need to get a couple of new ones. I called and asked and nope. She has two and I have to buy three new ones for everyone else.

1 Like

So I should get the rest of the adults in the family to get MDE and create accounts BEFORE buying MBs.

Thanks!

2 Likes

++ @jennyturin … don’t even think about it … been there, done that, and paid dearly for my mistake.

We trim the end off rather than remove the strip - for me too! It looks better with the edging imo and it doesn’t come off clean so you end up with ragged edges.

2 Likes