Magic Band Battery Life?

Planning on going back to Disney February 2022. The wife and I have custom Magic Bands from our last trip in late 2019, that we really like. Should we bite the bullet and buy new ones? Or take a risk using our old bands?

The only thing you need the battery for is magically getting pics and videos without tapping for them. It generally lasts at least 2 years but on our Aug 2019 trip our brand new bands had dead batteries. So YMMV.

2 Likes

The use of MBs is pretty much indefinite for things where you tap (opening doors, tapstyles in the parks, etc).

Only the Bluetooth functionalities, such as automatically detecting you for photopass, requires the battery to be functional.

1 Like

Thank you

That helps. Thank you

I don’t know where my mind blown emoji is and my wrist hurts from scrolling.

Thank you for the information, I had no clue.

Are the batteries user replaceable? Pop it open with a jewelers screwdriver? I would imagine they would have to have that with the magic band plus. In addition, I would imagine those would have to be rechargeable.

Batteries are not replaceable in MB, but due to the power consumption expected for MB+, I expect they will have a way to change the battery.