M&M's RR delayed... crowd level impact

I’m going to cite a specific blog post here, which was the inspiration for the original post:

It is in this update: Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Crowd Calendar Update | TouringPlans.com Blog

And specifically this part: " Galaxy’s Edge is not the only thing opening at Hollywood Studios. We expect Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway will be open before Galaxy’s Edge opens. Runaway Railway will increase capacity to Hollywood Studios, and the park will need it when Galaxy’s Edge opens. We are increasing crowd levels at Hollywood Studios the week before August 29 based on the assumption that Runaway Railway will be open."

I understand that if MM:RR was open as well as SW:GE, it would act as a line eater to distribute crowds more evenly. But I’m talking about this, the assumption it would be open for my specific dates BEFORE Galaxy’s edge, and would draw crowds to HS. One of my HS days went from a 2 to a 6, and this was the cited reason. I’m just wondering, now that it is certain that the ride will not be open, if I should be expecting closer to the original 2, or closer to the adjusted 6. Its a big difference! Thanks!

That was the issue with World of Color and why it took so long to get it going again.

2 Likes

That is interesting. Other places TP seemed to be saying the opposite. Keeping my fingers crossed for you it means back to the original 2s!

I think from reading on here and on chat, lots of people who are there around opening are moving their HS days before 29th to avoid the SW hoopla. I certainly wouldn’t expect 2s.

There are two things. The technology for MMRR and RotR are the same, and they’ve used a new system for both of them, even though there are trackless rides already in the parks.

But also there is an issue with general availability of workers in the Orlando area in general. If you think of everything that’s going on even just in WDW:
Tron, Rat, GOTG, Space 220, Japan TS, Riviera, prep work on “Reflections” and Star Wars Resort, Skyliner access work etc

Now add in the new HP ride and Universal’s third gate, and whatever else Seaworld and others are doing. There’s a finite number of workers available.

The ride system is the same, but the 2.5D projection tech is new and unique to the MMRR attraction. I wouldn’t be surprised if that were also causing some headaches.

Hmmmm. Not what I’m understanding from posts yesterday and today over on WDWMagic. Seems it’s the actual ride system - different company being used…

Well at least we’ll be gone a full 4 days prior to opening!

I am still mourning the loss of The Great Movie Ride…

5 Likes