Lurkers!

I joined January 23, 2011 while standing in Hollywood Studios on day 1 of our trip. I was quickly realizing I had no idea what we were doing as we arrived at 11am and there were no FPs for TSMM left. I joined and looked at the crowd calendar, and mostly switched all our days around. It worked out and we had a great trip. I never knew chat existed back then, I found it at some point obviously. I have been here on the Forum since day 1, when there where maybe 3 threads. It sure has changed a lot all these years later.
I have met many, many liners over the years. Some of them are very close friends now. :heart:

14 Likes

March of 2014 for me, which tracks because we bought our first AP in February of that year. I used chat almost exclusively until sometime last year when I ventured over here to the dark side.

12 Likes

I think we moved around the same time. I assumed you always did both but then a comment was made about you being a noob :grin:

4 Likes

May 2016 for me, but I was pretty exclusively Chat based until about 2019.

I can’t see where I would find when I first posted to the forum. It this on our profiles, or do you all just know when you started posting?

6 Likes

I remember you from chat too :grin:

4 Likes

:yellow_heart:

I loved chat. I kinda miss it, but it’s very foreign feeling there now.

4 Likes

You used chat prior to that though, didn’t you?

I know I remember you from chat - you know, before you transitioned into a gnome. Or a troll, or whatever the hell that creepy avatar thing is.

8 Likes

It’s weird how that works, isn’t it? I feel the same way

4 Likes

Speak for yourself :face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

(Not in reference to Don and Rylee :wink::wink:)

5 Likes

Same.

I found it sometime after re-joining in 2014

5 Likes

You really think I’m going to spin it in any way other than your blur?

5 Likes

fixed

6 Likes

:rofl:

3 Likes

I believe we were playing FMK on chat during the early days of the pandemic, weren’t we?

3 Likes

I do because I came here on day 1 of Forum’s existence :smiley:

but if you go to your profile you can scroll and scroll and scroll until you find your first ever post. For some of us chatty types, that will take a minute :wink:

8 Likes

I don’t remember that :thinking:

I remember wholesome family movie nights on chat during the early lockdowns. Those were good times.
I had to start some movies at 1am to join until the clocks changed and it made the start time a more respectable midnight :sweat_smile::rofl:

6 Likes

I was never over on chat in 2019

I dabbled for a little bit after the Forum was born, but I’ve always preferred this format so eventually I stopped going to chat. Also the people I liked best came over to forum too.

I post there every once in a while - max of a couple of times a year - when I’m looking for immediate, very specific information that boots-on-the-ground will best be poised to answer

9 Likes

Yeah, I’m OK with knowing ‘sometime’ in 2019. I don’t need the specifics that badly :rofl::+1:t2:

4 Likes

Yeah… me… either.

I’ve never done that.

:no_mouth:

5 Likes

Yes it is. I pop in occasionally to reassure someone they can be hours late to their BG :wink:

Yes mostly exclusively.

Although after the parks opened but I was still in chemo I didn’t post or lurk anywhere. It was too sad to see everyone going knowing I couldn’t yet.

What is this?

7 Likes