Luck arriving early for Ohana Dinner res?

I know that Ohana is always jammed and usually running behind schedule. I’m wondering if we will have any luck if we show up 20 min early for our 8:45 pm res? Or just likely to spend even more time waiting?

I don’t know if it is true, but it seemed to me that they were seating large groups on the hour. I am afraid if you show up early you would have to wait longer.

2 Likes

Also, are the fireworks at 9:00?

1 Like

We showed up about 15 minutes early for our Ohana reservation expecting to have a long wait for our table but we were seated within 10-15 minutes. It was packed and there were a ton of people waiting so it may have been because we were a small group (2 adults and a 2 year old).

2 Likes

We showed up early at the reception desk and were told they didn’t even look at the reservation until 15" or less. Many others do the same like Norway. :persevere:

1 Like

Good information! And just snagged an 8 Pm reservation thanks to Res finder! Fireworks are at nine so hopefully we will get a good seat.

1 Like

Yes!

Showing up 20 mins early means you are likely to be seated closer to on time.

You can check in up to 30 mins ahead, and I would plan to do so if you want to be sure to be seated before fireworks start at 9.

1 Like

Last time we were their the receptionist said they would not look up our reservation until 15" before our time, unless things have changed this is how it works.

:frowning:

When I last dined at 'Ohana (March 2018) it was 30 minutes. It certainly may have changed since then.

Check-in timing varied from place to place when I was doing a bunch of TS back in January of '19.

1 Like

Could be as I assume now that it depends on the receptionist.

1 Like

We just got back from the World. Showing up early did not get us into restaurants early, but we were seated closer to our actual reservation times. We usually checked in and then ordered beverages in the bar.

2 Likes