Luau at Royal Pacific

Hi - anyone knows how the Luau at the Royal Pacific works? Worth seeing? Does it include dinner?

Thank you!

1 Like

Yes. It’s a buffet

Here’s the menu!

I’ve never done it. The luau does gets positive reviews from people that post on these forums.

It’s dinner and a show! It’s one of those things that looks fun, but there’s always so much to do at UOR!

(I will say I really dislike Royal Pacific as a resort. It’s the “convention” hotel. It’s go so many meeting rooms and etc… that make the campus a maze. I have actually gotten lost just trying to find an exit out of the building!!)

2 Likes

Did not know about this! Thanks for bringing it up.

1 Like

Here’s the official Universal press kit. It’s a quick & fun read!

2 Likes

Cool!

1 Like

It’s also the cheapest that will give me Express passes. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Let me know what you think of the hotel rooms when you get back - if you have time!

1 Like

Sure, but I don’t care that much about the rooms, for my family is more about the hotel ambiance, pool, food

2 Likes

That’s cool! I was hoping to get an unbiased opinion of the rooms. No worries!

We love RPR! I don’t think you will be disappointed. We just got home from a stay at Sapphire Falls. Talk about a large convention hotel. But, it has an amazing pool and rum bar and we had a great time.

You can pool hop at Universal if you are so inclined!

5 Likes

RPR is “my usual” Universal resort. (Although I have Portofino and Aventura booked for my trips this year). I know many people disagree with me but I prefer the RPR rooms over Portofino mainly because I like a sink area outside of the shower area. I have had walk-in showers and tubs at RPR and I prefer the walk in shower. I know some people say the rooms are smaller but I never notice that. The beds are so comfortable!

2 Likes

This, IMHO, is the most important factor! I don’t love CBBR, but those beds are pretty nice!

1 Like

How did I not know this Luau was a thing! I wanna go!!! Imma check it out right now and see if tickets are still available….

2 Likes

We liked our room. Bright spacious enough and comfortable.

2 Likes

We liked the pool. Felt like being at the beach. We were suprised that for for Spring Break we kind of liked that beach resort feel better than the Wilderness Lodge pool (that I usually love).

I just added this to my trip - we are going on Saturday 5/4/24. I’ll let you know my honest thoughts afterwards :smile:

I love these types of experiences - so I’m gonna say, I’ll likely love it. Plus, the menu said the price of the package includes tip/taxes (which is awesome, as I hate having to carry loose cash for this) and free beverages, including mai tais for those 21+.

4 Likes

Yay! Can’t wait to hear what you think.

2 Likes

This HHN will be the first where DD22 can stay for more than 3 days. We’ll be together for a week. I’ve been trying to find “new” things that she’d never done. This will be on the list!

1 Like