Lower Wait Times during COVID

I also have to add that I started a mini Disney revolution that day. I stood my ground, put my hand on the rails and said no! Looking back in the LONG line, many other were doing the same. I feel like I had a small part in that :grin:

2 Likes

What were you in line for and where? I’m struggling to comprehend what made them think they should go past you.

1 Like

I dont know if things have changed with South American tour groups but I will NEVER go in July again. I heard thats when they come to WDW in droves. It was crazy. They have line holders, then the entire 20-50 worm their way through the line to meet up. This was 2007, so things may have changed since them. And if your referring to my donkey kick as shock, dont underestimate a southern mama ticked off about one of her kids being mistreated :grimacing: Shark teeth, oww haha!

2 Likes

I think 95% it was Test Track. And it happened a lot during that visit, one by one, they would say “bathroom, group” and point ahead vaguely. So you let them by. But in long, slow moving lines, the same t-shirt keeps using that excuse, u get weary.
Edit: but it could have been peter pan or sorin. Its was one of those, lol.

1 Like

We just flew Delta, who also blocks the middle seat in a 3-seat configuration.
If you allow Delta agents to assign your seats, they will fill a row and put a party together, filling all the seats. If you select your own seats, you can leave the middle seat empty.

For example, on the outbound flight, Delta assigned our group of 6 across one row … 3 and three. On the way back, i picked our seats and did the 2, 2, 2 seat configuration, choosing to spread out.

3 Likes

I’m confused. Why did they think they could just work their way past everyone just because they were part of a group?

1 Like

Im not sure if touring groups from South America are still prevalent. Ive read reports that CMs started cracking down on the “practice”. The tour groups, from my understanding, put the leaders in various lines then the group would jump one line to the next without having to wait. That visit, my only July visit, which is winter in SA, I saw it happen several times. I guess they do it because people let them. They dont walk the line in groups, just one at a time, somewhat unnoticed.

I had a similar experience when I went in May 2019. We were waiting in line for FEA and I noticed a woman (at the time she was significantly behind me) dramatically calling out to someone ahead in line, but when I would look ahead I could never locate anyone that appeared to be the recipient of her calls. 15-20 minutes later I suddenly noticed the same woman had made herself comfortable in front of my friend and I. I hadn’t even noticed her get by us. I was slightly annoyed, but “let it go,” I was in FEA after all! It wasn’t until she started to call up the rest of her friends that I got ticked. I looked back at the friends with the death glare and only one ended up slipping in with the friend. I stared at them for ten minutes before the friend said something (in a language I didn’t recognize) to the woman who had instigated the whole thing and they went back to the rest of their group. Apparently I am strong with the stink eye. I wanted to say something, but my friend I was with didn’t want to cause a scene, so I just used my only tool left :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

Oh, I understand now. I was there last January and even then there seemed to be a lot of people from South America, especially Venezuela, oddly enough. Those large groups are very annoying. They just stop wherever and block whole pathways. Now that I think back, I do remember being annoyed at people pushing past me in different lines to catch up with their group. I understand it when the person has a small child and probably needed to leave the line to go to the bathroom or something, but it’s unacceptable most of the time for adults to do this. I cannot believe that some men would try and get around you by going under your legs!

2 Likes

This happens a lot. I don’t let them go ahead if possible, although of course one cannot get physical. I have reported them to the CMs once you get to the loading area and on occasion the CMs pull them out of line, though not always. This can only happen if we don’t call it out.

ETA: to be clear, I’ve seen plenty of guests from the US doing the line-jump lie also. I had it happen on RNRC as recently as this past February.

1 Like

You’ll appreciate this one @Ms.BarbsWildRide! We were “rope dropping” Peter Pan after fireworks at DLR. This young girl takes off running - after the CM said no running - and got in line right in front of us. As we got to the corner where the line switches back, these two teenagers come through the bushes and over the little fence to join her in line. I kind of shook my head, but whatever. But then the parents come through the bushes and climb over the fence too! Without thinking I said (in my sarcastic voice), “Are you kidding me?” They were a little defensive to say the least. I just said to them I’ve never seen one person hold a place in line for five people. I’ve seen one person join a group in line, but not the other way around. And climbing through the bushes? Obviously they don’t want you to do that or there wouldn’t be bushes there. The dad said, “We want to ride as a family.” I don’t think he realized I was with my family too since my daughters are Asian and I’m not. But whatever. I’m usually not confrontational.

4 Likes

This kills me. You know you can ride as a family by all joining the line together?!

I am forgiving if it’s just one person or a parent with a kid at the bathroom etc. But if you have a split party, the polite thing to do is let others pass you until your party is reunited.

9 Likes

I know, right? It was really awkward to wait another 15-20 minutes in line with them. :unamused:

2 Likes

During our time in Universal, there was a case where we were getting in line for Forbidden Journey. Anyhow, this woman and her boyfriend were also getting in line, but the woman kind of ran ahead of her boyfriend and jumped in line just before us. Her boyfriend was now well behind us.

Rather than recognizing the problem, and allowing us to pass by so that she could be with her boyfriend, she spent the next several minutes literally yelling out from in front of us for her boyfriend to hurry up, catch up, stop falling behind, etc. Of course, I found the entire situation rude and made a point to just ignore this and keep walking (the line was moving quickly) and NOT let her boyfriend simply squeeze by without much discomfort and violation of personal space. I think the boyfriend legitimately realized it was wrong, but the woman was relentless and wouldn’t give in and simply allow us to pass her so she could be with her boyfriend.

The whole experience was stupid because the entire thing caused her to save exactly 15 seconds once it came time to actually board a ride vehicle. In the meantime, eventually I did allow the boyfriend to pass when he POLITELY asked if he could pass.

On the flip side, we OFTEN would allow other parties to pass us in case our group became separated accidentally in line.

It seemed to be a case of the woman feeling entitled, but the boyfriend not so much. (I kind of worry about his well-being in their relationship long term! :wink: )

6 Likes

Exactly!

3 Likes