Lower Wait Times during COVID

Only if you ignore the rabbits and chickens in my garage!

2 Likes

My kids are usually asleep by 8pm and hate loud noises, so HEA, Epcot Forever, etc. aren’t on our itinerary yet anyway. I get how that’s a detractor for some, but we avoid those anyhow. Lion King I give you but we saw it in January.

Now what my kids would miss? Meeting all the characters. My daughter literally “plays” characters - we have to stand in line and wait for an autograph from her…

7 Likes

10 days and I CANNOT wait!

All of it. I want it all. The long looking spaced out lines. The short waits. The long waits. The BG stress. The maskne. The limited attractions. The extra calvaclades. The annoying skyliner. The convenient skyliner. Waiting for busses. Saying screw it and calling an uber.

I WANT IT ALL :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9 Likes

What about the heat? I recommend you pass on the heat or you might just pass OUT on the heat! :wink:

3 Likes

BRING IT ON!

haha… But no seriously, heat is okay- I’ll definitely pass on a hurricane. Those can just leave forever.

1 Like

There has been a development.

5 Likes

lol neat trick to click us over to your new thread

1 Like

This is not my first rodeo.

2 Likes

I still think having a plan will help save time. When we went in late July I had a plan even though I didn’t know what the actual wait times would be but having a plan I felt like saved us time. We only waited about 25 minutes for three rides 7DMT, Mickey’s Runaway, Rise of the Resistance. We got to go on everything we planned to and a lot more.

1 Like

I love the socially distanced lines! I would love to see those stay on permanently. There were a few who didn’t seem to notice the markers on the ground (or didn’t care). They were rare. More often someone would accidentally over shoot their marker, thinking there was another one coming. Some of the spaces between markers are a lot bigger to avoid being too close to other parts of the queue.

I also loved feeling like I didn’t need a plan. We had a loose idea of where we wanted to start each day. Then we went from there. It was nice to not do a lot of walking from one land to another. I’d rather wait in a queue, especially if it’s indoors or shaded, than do a lot of walking with this heat!

6 Likes

I love the socially distanced lines as well, I do not look forward to the day they go away. I swear it is why we weren’t as bothered by the heat as I thought we would be- no one in our personal space! I also love, love, love the blocking of middle seats on Southwest, that too should stay forever! The no plan thing at WDW made it more like visiting DL.

7 Likes

I had to donkey kick a guy with one of those tour groups. He continually tried to GO THROUGH MY LEGS to get past me after I told him no, wait like the rest of us. (I let 5 get by before I looked back and saw 20 more in the same shirts worming through the long line). Through my legs yall! I felt violated. Im not a tall gal, he was brushing too close to ,ehhemm, home.

6 Likes

I keep meaning to ask this - do they block the middle seats even if you are part of the same party? i.e., if I have little kids with me, can they sit between two adults or will they make us split up?

Purely hypothetical since I’m not planning to fly SW with my kids anytime soon.

1 Like

I take it you’re talking about an adult man?! Like, not a little kid trying to squeeze through?

2 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

You can use the middle seats with your party if you want. We chose to spread out, one window, one aisle, one more in the aisle across since we are all adult sized. Just no people can sit with you if they aren’t part of your group.

3 Likes

Yes :joy::joy::joy: Id let little ones get by. I had little ones myself at the time. They actually got pushed by one of the tour group members and hit her head on a pole. Thats what prompted me to look back and think, Oh Hell no! These were GROWN adults, not even questionable if they were teenagers. And then, even teens shouldn’t be trying to be violating a woman like that. The guy even tried to complain to a CM. I explained what happened and he was set aside. Dont know what happened after that bc I was on my way to my first ride on Test Track!

4 Likes

I am just in shock here …

2 Likes

I also have to add that I started a mini Disney revolution that day. I stood my ground, put my hand on the rails and said no! Looking back in the LONG line, many other were doing the same. I feel like I had a small part in that :grin:

2 Likes

What were you in line for and where? I’m struggling to comprehend what made them think they should go past you.

1 Like