Looks Like Contemporary Has New Names for Their Club Rooms

Trying to post a pic, not sure if it will go through, but it looks like they have renamed the rooms for some of the club level rooms. It also looks like some of the descriptions might be off as they all say “Access to the Atrium Club” even though some should obviously have Tower Club. Thoughts? Do you think the room views page will update soon to show which is which?

1 Like

There’s also a blog on wdwmagic that WDW is renaming room categories at all the resorts, supposedly trying to simplify the number of view names.

“In most cases, Walt Disney World deluxe hotels will now offer three categories of rooms - resort view, water view, and theme park view.”

https://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts/walt-disney-world-resorts-information/news/16may2023-disney-simplifies-room-naming-categories-at-walt-disney-world-resort-hotels.htm

1 Like

Thanks so much for that!

1 Like

You’re welcome - and welcome to the forum! Thanks for alerting everyone to this change.

1 Like

I actually have a stay at the Contemporary this coming weekend (not Club level), and they emailed me the following:

Dear Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are making some changes to our resort room type names in order to make it simpler for you to choose the room you want in the future. Please note that your plans in My Disney Experience may now show your upcoming resort room type has been renamed, however you will still receive the exact room type you originally booked. There is no additional action required prior to your arrival.

We look forward to welcoming you on your upcoming visit and wish you a magical stay!

Sincerely,
Disney Destinations, LLC

5 Likes

We have the Contemporary booked in July and received the same email. Fairly certain I booked “Main Tower - Lagoon View” and now it lists as “Main Tower - Water View”. At the Contemporary, I’m not sure it matters as I think all main tower views are either Theme Park or now Water and any pool view would cover the Lagoon (non-theme park direction). Now if I was staying at the GF and they tried to sell me a pool view the same as a Lagoon one, I would be less than pleased, but hopefully they aren’t doing that…

1 Like

Where it would really eff things up is Boardwalk… Boardwalk view (which is also a water view) is very different from just water view because Boardwalk view can be quite noisy later at night and many people don’t want rooms there specifically for that reason. Then again, I don’t know how many just water view (without Boardwalk) rooms there are in the main Boardwalk hotel part. I haven’t heard that DVC resort categories are changing.

1 Like