Location faker thingie?

Can someone please remind me what that location faker thingie is that I can add to my phone so it thinks I’m near - for example - Trader Sam’s when I’m not?

If you tell me what it is I promise I’ll add it to my computer sticky thing so I’ll have it saved for forever and can bring it wherever I go (props if you get this reference)

@JJT, I think you posted about this on your trip?

oohh i haven’t heard about this. Is that the official name of it (location faker thingie) ?? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

There are a couple of ways. You could use a VPN that mimics different locations. I think that is what everyone is trying to recall. That typically spoofs your IP address so that it looks like you are in a different location.

In the past I also had to add a GPS faker as well. this will give fake GPS responses to those sites that are requesting it. Not sure if the latest VPNs do that for you.

1 Like

Yes, that’s why I asked about it using those exact words!

1 Like

@JJT has posted about FakeGPS but it is an android app

1 Like

Ok, I’m gonna want to know the use for this. I mean I hope it’s some incredible disney hack and not the list of other awful things I’m thinking :rofl:

It was used to place mobile orders that were blocked by location.

Ohhhhhh interesting

Ooh! Great idea. I couldn’t join waitlist for Geyser point until I was already on the boat. Would be cool to get in that 75 minute line then hit a ride.

1 Like

And join walkup lists, right? That’s what I’ll be wanting it for.

4 Likes

Tricky! I learn something new everyday here!

Yep, on Android I use FakeGPS which is super easy, but Apple won’t let peoples run a fake GPS app on their devices.

If you are dedicated, you CAN do it from an Apple phone by using a site called Appetize.io that lets you run phone emulations in a web browser - you would essentially create and control an Android using your browser, add the MDE app and login, but it is kinda a pain if all you want to do is snag a reservation while not nearby.

I wrote up a post about it here:
https://forum.touringplans.com/t/alternate-method-to-run-old-mde-with-change-party/62692/52

1 Like

Oooooh an actual Disney benefit to having an Android phone! A first! I’m downloading this now.

4 Likes

I first used the FakeGPS app to let me play in-park games on the Disney Play app when that first came out. Works very well. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks dude!

For the first time I am unhappy to be an Apple user :laughing:

But I suppose it’s just one thing out of a million so far so I’ll suck it up.

2 Likes

Well, crap. Nothing but Apple over here.

2 Likes