Locals chime in, WDW/USO ...continuous thread

That’s disappointing! :persevere:

I love that look he’s giving you…like…”Really?”

4 Likes

He was AMAZING. It was our first ROTR ride and he was very committed to his job.

We were so excited when we saw him on a subsequent ride. Like, shouting across the room, waving at him, yelling “NATHAN! HI NATHAN!” and then being sad when we had a different person.

3 Likes

The bar is where one usually orders take out, as opposed to the host stand or another specific location. Just keep in mind the bar is always busy and a little patience helps.

No. Aside from the small number of chairs by the front entrance, all seating is assigned and not open. People will generally be waiting for those outside bar tables.

Best chance for an open table are the ones behind the World of Disney and the Lego store, which aren’t that far away. Aside from that it’s just benches and chairs nearby and not conducive to eating.

4 Likes

The castle was lovely last night

9 Likes

We are recent locals … less then a year.
20 minutes from WDW and Universal in either direction. Sea World 5 minutes away…

We have been on WDW “property” quite often, almost weekly. Sunday Brunch at Disney Springs, then shop or enter a park for a few hours, then drive 20 minutes home. We used the Florida Summer fun $54 tickets often for this. But as of a week ago, Pirate Pass holders.

Being close, we actually visit WDW restaurants more than the actual parks.
At Disney Springs Chef Art is my wife’s fav, and City Works has good food. Toledo’s is always good, We enjoy Sebatian’s. Topolino’s is very good, but the prices keep us from going more often. I always love a sunset walk around the Boardwalk, YC, BC area, so that is another non-park, evening on Disney property that we enjoy.

I don’t foresee paying for Disney prices for resorts, especially since all the perks have been stripped away. But we do still have some resorts on our bucket list, we would enjoy (just won’t pay Disney prices). Such at Yacht Club, Bay Lake, Destino Club.

We watch the wait times on the app alot, as well at TP crowd predictions, and if the times look good, we’ll pop into a park for a few hours. We avoided the parks during June and July busy times. But when school started, the parks were very enjoyable. When RoTR VQ stayed open for an hour or more, we stopped in and grabbed a BG. Nice little perk.

Epcot is our main go-to park, then MK. Then its a toss up of Unv IOA or AK, then HS and Universal Studios rounding out the list. I’m the only one in my family that enjoys Busch Gardens and Sea World.

The best “local” trick we found are the back ways into Disney that google maps don’t show you. We avoid I-4 whenever possible. I hate that road.

7 Likes

Nice! I love that you are so close. We would go more frequently if it wasn’t an hour one way. That bothers DH more than me though. I-4 is a nightmare but coming from Atlantic side I don’t know how I can avoid and not add another 30 min to the drive. I’ll keep looking

Here first time

7 Likes

I can’t eat all this and it’s so good. Server Larry is awesome already

Sadly Larry never brought me any coffee :coffee: that I asked for :frowning_face_with_open_mouth: but my omelette was really good.

6 Likes

Ok, traveling from Atlantic to WDW I normally take 528 to I-4. Tried getting off at exit 16 to Sanford 417 toll road. SO much better! I-4 is always a parking lot.

I normally add my discount onto tip but not today b/c noooo coffee :coffee: :expressionless:. Market place shop is well stocked though.

Yum.

1 Like

Started shopping :shopping: before I even got inside. Sitting a shade ppl watching for a bit. Had to be reminded to put my mask on at world traveler :woman_facepalming: Felt so bad, apologized and thanked him for the reminder. Got my Squeak Hunt going.

8 Likes

Pet peeve: grandparents letting grandchildren drive their EVCs ( in lap). Just watched grandma let GD (4yo) run over strangers and own family and she’s still allowing her to drive :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

6 Likes

7 Likes

In early but ride isn’t running yet

8 Likes

8 Likes

Remy used to make appearances at Chefs de France during lunch and dinner. He was on a tray similar to your photos, but the tray was on a serving cart that was pushed around the restaurant. I don’t remember him speaking (which could be me just not remembering correctly), but he did move around.

I have been wondering if they will bring him back now that he has his own ride.

4 Likes

Cute ride. Like it much more than MMRR. Now Timing que for second ride. Had some motion issues.

9 Likes

Line was 28 min. My knees are screaming at me so I’m here. Which means I’ve not left the area and can get online again when I’m done eating. Ordered salad, Savoyards, melba, Demi sec

3 Likes