Locals chime in, WDW/USO ...continuous thread

Didn’t expect to get this good of a number. I’d much rather work for a BG than deal with Genie. This will be DH first time on Remy

8 Likes

4 Likes

Room ready text about noon

There are giraffes :giraffe: way down there but too far for a good pic. DH said this is much better than he expected

9 Likes

Somebody had one. Maybe it was me? I remember we had something like that and then gave it up either to the guy in the elevator or at the check in desk “upstairs”.

1 Like

How did I not know you had a stay planned at AKL?! That’s amazing - I love that place!

2 Likes

Really? Apparently @Dreamer and I have no recollection of this. Are you sure you even showed it to us? (flashbacks to you knowing what row we were parked in, but never sharing that number while we almost died of heatstroke in the parking lot :rofl: ).

4 Likes

I’m sure someone in our group had that ticket thing and I thought took a photo. Maybe is was @JustKeepSmiling or @Shanneepantslovesdisney. Or I could be completely wrong. I would never (knowingly) keep important information from you all! :crazy_face: :rofl:

2 Likes

I take pictures of everything, and don’t have one. Maybe @JustKeepSmiling and @Shanneepantslovesdisney remember?

3 Likes

I found a one night stay savanna studio to fulfill my desire to stay here once and see animals. I booked 6 days out. Having trouble loading pic so I can’t show the giraffes up close. The caretakers plant food to draw the animals to all the areas. Very thoughtful.

I am annoyed at directions here. Elevator says go to 1st floor for pool (trying to get food). Then on first floor it says to go to 2nd floor :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

4 Likes

I really hope I didn’t forget that.

That would have been @Wahoohokie. She takes pictures of everything. I don’t have a picture of it.

1 Like

You can go out the lobby on the second floor to reach the pool (follow the sidewalk–there are stairs by the fitness center) or you can go to the first floor (ie the parking garage) and get to the pool that way.

2 Likes

Found it after got the car lol sitting in Mara now

6 Likes

I will never get tired of giraffe even if it’s a full moon

6 Likes

I really love that place. I would stay there every time if I could.

5 Likes

Good morning! Animals left overnight. I know we could here them calling…, ok one cow thing kept crying out :rofl:. There’s a person out there going around the outside stopping here and there. Can’t tell what they are up to in their zoo type golf cart

Trying some of this. Sooo far not very magical.

5 Likes

The room I requested and the room we got made a judge difference in animal viewing. If we were closer to the lobby, per request, we would see giraffes up closer. The only reason any came as close as they did yesterday was due to gamekeepers putting food up in the trees.

4 Likes

Went to checkin to start collecting anniversary key cards. CM said, “But you can use your phone and MB”. I said “They don’t always work”.

Then I innocently asked, "What if I accidently loose these on purpose… can I get replacements? " Her eyes rounded… paused… “If you have too many items in your media it can confuse your account.” :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

Guide to Orlando theme parks for November, December 2021 - Orlando Sentinel

Step away from the candy corn, fold up your “Squid Game” costume and get ready for the stretch run of 2021. At Central Florida’s theme parks and attractions, November and December are dominated by holiday celebrations, but there are other artistic events happening plus the return of a rehabbed attraction, holiday favorites and the IAAPA convention.

And of course, at Epcot, one festival ends and another festival begins — not exactly back-to-back, but close.
Here’s a reminder of what’s going on and when (subject to change):

· Up and running: “Design Zone” exhibit at Orlando Science Center (through Jan. 9).

· Up and running: Scott’s Maze Adventures at Long & Scott Farms (select days through Dec. 14).

· Nov. 5: Christmas Tree Stroll at Disney Springs.
· Nov. 6-7: Sesame Street Kids’ Weekend at SeaWorld Orlando.

· Nov. 6-7: Guy Harvey Weekend at SeaWorld Orlando.

· Nov. 8: Disney Very Merriest After Hours event at Magic Kingdom begins (select evenings through Dec. 21).

· Nov. 12: Mickey’s PhilharMagic returns from refurbishment at Magic Kingdom with new scene inspired by “Coco.”

· Nov. 12: Walt Disney World begins holiday celebrations.

· Nov. 12: Christmas Celebration festivities begin at SeaWorld Orlando (select dates through Jan. 2).

· Nov. 12: Reopening of observatory at Orlando Science Center (Fridays and Saturdays, by reservation, through spring).
· Nov. 13: Beginning of Holidays at Universal Orlando, including Holiday Parade Featuring Macy’s, Grinchmas, Christmas in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter (through Jan. 2).

· Nov. 13: Kids Night at the Museum (Sci-Fi Month theme), Orlando Science Center.

· Nov. 15-19: IAAPA Expo, part of the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions, at Orange County Convention Center.
· Nov. 18: Debut of “Drawn to Life,” Cirque du Soleil’s show at Disney Springs.

· Nov. 19: Christmas at Gaylord Palms activities (through Jan. 2).

· Nov. 20: Epcot International Food & Wine Festival ends.

· Nov. 26: Epcot International Festival of the Holidays, including Candlelight Processional, begins (daily through Dec. 30).
· Nov. 26: Holiday events begin at Legoland Florida (select days through Dec. 31).

· Dec. 1: Lighting of 40-foot Christmas tree at Icon Park.

· Dec. 4: Holiday Ho, Ho, Ho-Down events begins at Gatorland (Saturdays and Sundays through Dec. 19).

· Dec. 11: Florida Highwaymen meet and greet at Orange County Regional History Center.

· Sometime in December: Opening of Orlando Free Fall and Orlando Slingshot at Icon Park.

3 Likes

One

3 Likes