Locals chime in, WDW/USO ...continuous thread

There’s a construction :construction: zone next to us. Even the wait staff was getting mad at unattended kids banging silverware

4 Likes

Dinner was really good. DH didn’t like his filet minion but I thought it was good despite him requesting it be cooked well. My braised beef ribs were good too; they tasted like my home cooked pot roast. The cheddar grits were a nice compliment (trying to use other words than good). Lemon :lemon: custard was tart and fabulous. DH chocolate toffee cake disappeared despite him noting too much salt. Both CM and I teased him about that. :rofl:. We are glad to have gone. The theming is fun. Thank you again @sanstitre_has_left_the_building for making this lovely evening possible :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

I really like the braised short ribs, but the star of the show was that lemon mousse!

4 Likes

Wanted to add, the dinner menu is WAY OVER PRICED! I would only go to the lunch menu or bar next time. And they never filled the place, only one couple sat at the bar the whole time even though there was a pretty long que outside. They also only sat the front tables next to each other and left the rear of the place empty

Thank you @Wahoohokie and @Dreamer for your food recommendations; they were spot on. @LTinNC82 yours echoed theirs but I didn’t read it until after I had order; thank you for chiming in too.

4 Likes

This is kind of how the fab 5 felt as well. I did return for the lounge with a different friend and quite enjoyed it (at a much cheaper price point). It was plenty full that day though, they kept refilling the bar as people left and I didn’t notice empty tables. Sounds like they are understaffed today. Glad you got to experience it. The elevator is awesome, right?

4 Likes

Yes, the elevator… OMG, how could I fail to mention the elevator. We enjoyed all the theming and creative ideas all about.

4 Likes

I’m glad you enjoyed it–sorry your DH didn’t. I agree about the bar–I want to go to the lounge next time.

1 Like

BTW: did ppl get to keep their tickets before b/c you only get to hold if for your elevator ride now and then have to relinquish it :frowning:

1 Like

No I think that’s just how they tell who gets on the elevator at what time.

1 Like

oh thanks for that… I was a bit sad that I didn’t get to keep the ticket. I think it should be a souvenir though

Me too! That would be cool.

1 Like

I don’t remember even getting a boarding pass like that!

1 Like

Oh, I remember ppl posting pics of them so I was expecting one, but they posted their pic at their table and we had to give it back before we were seated so i’m glad I took a pic as soon as we got it.

1 Like

We didn’t get one when we went. They did give us one when I went to the lounge, but then they take it anyway.

2 Likes

Weird. Although I’m glad I didn’t just forget about it.

1 Like

DH tried to update his AP to the new 50th anniversary model and was told they are rationing them BC they are running short. Glad I got mine when I did :partying_face:

3 Likes

It is less than a month from when it started and they have more than a year to go. I don’t know, maybe they should, um, make some more?

2 Likes

Only new purchases are getting them, CM said. No more exchanges. I agree with you; make more

1 Like

Maybe they’re in a container ship somewhere?

3 Likes

hmmm… those machines are pretty common, but the materials could be on a container somewhere. What about all the containers of the Calif coast that capsized and were dumped? :roll_eyes: