Living in fla

I was thinking of moving to Naples- Cape Coral- ft Meyers area. The liners that live there / are there pros or cons to it

I graduated from high school in Cape Coral. I wasn’t a bad place, but it really depends what you’re looking for. The housing market is pretty rough (which means you can pick up a bargain, but if you need to sell before things recover, you may have to do so at a loss). For Cape Coral-Ft. Myers, you’ve got easy access (albeit through a toll bridge) to Sanibel Island, which is one of the most beautiful beaches I’ve ever visited. There’s also Ding Darling out there, which is a drive-through national wildlife refuge. The Edison-Ford homes are also neat to visit. There’s some good restaurants in the area, too (Mel’s Diner and Iguana Mia are ones that I really miss). It is pretty laid back down there. If you live on Cape Coral, make sure you budget money to pay a toll every time you go to the mainland, as I think only one of the bridges is free at this point, and naturally it becomes the most crowded mess of traffic.

If you are interested in boating, and it is in your budget, see if you can get a house in Cape Coral on one of the canals that allows boat traffic, and you have the ability to boat right on out to the Caloosahatchee River and out to the Gulf.