Live Trip Report? I haven’t quite decided if l’ll commit. 😉

Back at BWV to rest up before DAH at AK. I grabbed us a FP for KS to use around 5:45 if we feel ready to be there by then. Tiffins at 6:20 and then all the rides.

15,841 steps so far today but DH has like 19,000. :thinking: I don’t understand how that works.

Oh and I had sent a room request via TP requesting room 5057 and we got 5059. It’s a garden view studio with a pretty kick ass view! Pumped!!

Edited to add: super windy this afternoon. 20 mph and the Skyliner wasn’t running when we walked back over.

2 Likes

10 Likes

Safaris and now, Tiffins! :drooling_face: :drooling_face:! FP for KS was backed up. We waited 20 minutes or so but saw lots of animals up walking around!:leopard::giraffe::rhinoceros:

(upload://zYbIyhJ3ZABeQnnyRsDPnwu1gWK.jpeg)

9 Likes

Finishing up DAH at AK. Honestly, probably won’t do it again. Unless you’re interested in lots of re-rides there just isn’t enough here to fill the time. Park closed at 8 and we were told they would close the rides to clear out standby and reopen at 9 for the event. Wasn’t actually what went down. We rode Everest 3x before 9 (DAH is running 9-12) and I’m not waiting on my second FOP ride. DH didn’t feel well after our first ride so he’s sitting out. After this we’re riding NRJ and heading home with probably close to 2 hours left in the event. Still fun and nice to ride everything so quickly but probably not something we will do again.

3 Likes

thanks for sharing your trip! looks like a great first day. good luck with the bg at hs tomorrow, if that’s still the plan!

Ok, live trip reporting is sucking so I’m switching gears. Sorry y’all.

We just got back from HS for a little rest. Woke up at 6 and left to walk to HS around 6:30. We were in the park by 7 I think. We walked all the way to right outside of the MuppetVision area and waited for 8. DH grabbed us some muffins and coffees at the snack cart and I downloaded MDE on his phone so we could both try for BGs. We both started refreshing at 7:59 and I guess his fingers are faster than mine because he got his first - BG 28! Yay! I thought it’d be perfect and hopefully we could go mid-morning.

We then RD MFSR. From the time we entered the line to boarding the ride we’d waited about 20 minutes. Fun ride! We were both gunners and basically just punched the buttons when they lit up. Afterwards, we tried some blue milk (I was so surprised that I really liked this!) and snapped a picture before heading into TSL to use our FP for SDD.

Then, we went back to Batuu and grabbed rising moon overnight oats from Ronto Roasters and poked around a little. Went to tap and run for our VotLM FP at 9:40 and tried (unsuccessfully) to move up our noon FP for ST. Swapped it for a 10:00 Frozen instead. Debated on seeing it but decided to tap and run on that one too. Grabbed a FP for TSM at 11. Grabbed Starbucks and a Mickey pretzel while we waited on our FP.

Heading into TSM right at 11 debating on if we wanted to go to Oga’s after or not (we had an 11:05 reservation). While in line I grabbed a 11:30 FP for RnRC and we decided to skip Oga’s. Beat DH by 100 points on TSM! So proud. I never beat him at anything. Lol.

Heading to RnRC and rode with DH for the first time ever! One of his fave rides! I tried so hard to keep my face from being all scrunched up but it didn’t really work. :laughing:

After our ride we headed back to Batuu (dropped a 12:45 FP for ToT that I had grabbed in the RnRC line because we were getting tired) to build our droid. I had originally planned to build two for our four kids to share when we got back home but DH thought it’d be a waste of money to build two. He’s probably right. We built one to look exactly like BB-8 thinking the kids will really enjoy him! This was a fun experience although I was pretty terrible at droid assembly and required quite a bit of help.

While we were waiting at Droid Depot we kept eagerly checking the BG status. RotR spent a good chunk of time offline this morning and there was at least an hour where no new BGs were called. Well, right before we started assembling our droid they called BG 28 back!! Yes!! We were running out of steam and so happy to be able to make it to Rise! We went and scanned in, moved through the queue for about 5 minutes and then stopped. And didn’t move for about 20 minutes. Crap!! :grimacing::flushed: Praying against a long delay and thankfully we didn’t get evacuated from the line and we started moving again!!

This thing is amazing. Like, mind blowing and I went in with pretty high expectations. So so happy we were able to ride and even DH was blown away!

After we got off we walked back to BWV, sat on the Boardwalk and ate some Ample Hills and went back to our room. Grabbed a snack from room service and are resting until about 4:45 or so.

Dinner at Narcoossee’s at 5:15 and then off to MK for VDAH!!

12 Likes

Side note: we are totally crushing our DDDP. We ate through all 12 of our snack credits between yesterday and this morning. And our OOP for our Topolino’s breakfast and Tiffins dinner yesterday would’ve been $350. :yum::laughing:

7 Likes

Home from VDAH. Disney has crushed us. We both literally limped into the room! Ha!!

We had a wonderfully dinner at Narcoossee’s prior to the event. I had the endive/pear/gorgonzola salad, scallops with gnocchi and the mango sorbet. DH had lobster bisque, lobster and creme brûlée. Oh, and we shared crab cakes and loaded mashed potatoes.

It was a nice dinner spot since the boat dock is right there. We just waited until we saw one approaching and walked out of the restaurant and onto the boat. Perfect!

But man, it was chilly!!! I made a plan to buy a beanie when we got to MK. Well, I walked all the way up and down the Emporium and guess what? They don’t have any beanies!! :weary: So my ears just got cold.

By the time I finished searching for a hat it was around 7:10. We headed into Adventureland to use our FP for JC. Snagged a FP for WtP while in line as I noticed it was down. By the time we got off JC our WtP FP had converted to an anytime and we used it for POC. We then walked into HM and iasw, used a FP for WtP just after the fireworks finished up and then rode Barnstormer and Dumbo before the park closed at 9.

VDAH officially started at 9 and we headed into Tomorrowland and we decided to do the Speedway on our way to Space. Our longest line of the night was encountered next at Space Mountain. I think we waited 20-25 minutes to board. It was fun in the pitch black!

After Space, we rode Buzz, grabbed some Mickey Bars and trekked across the park to Frontierland. Here we rode BTMRR three times in a row without having to get off. Fantastic!

By now, we were wilting. We’d been up since 6 for SWGE and DH’s feet were really hurting. We decided to head into Fantasyland one more time and then bail. We rode PPF (maybe 7-8 minute wait) and then 7D (15 minute wait), snapped a photo in front of the castle, hopped in a Minnie Van and headed home.

Really fun, full, and exhausting day. See our alarms a little later tomorrow!!

12 Likes

Now that is getting the most out of a Day! Man, felt like a 3 day trip in 1 day.

Lol right?!? We both looked at each other last night and couldn’t believe we had actually done HS that same morning. Felt like a long day!

1 Like

9 Likes

My husband is in heaven. Our first time at Nomad and it’s amazing. Sunny + 70 degrees + patio = heaven after a 30,000 step day yesterday. :tropical_drink: :sunny: :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

So, a little later start today. Slept in until 8 and made it to AK around 9:30. It’s crowded here on a Saturday, dang!!

Took a picture in front of the tree of life and then headed into Asia. Rode EE almost to the front (row 2) and noticed the animatronic eagle for the first time. How the heck have I missed this?! Then, watched the monkeys! They we’re getting their workout on swinging around and around their inclosure getting their arms all swole. :laughing:

Then, we walked the MJT which was nice and quiet. I guess not many people venture back there since KRR is down for refurb. Saw the bats and tigers (sleeping) and headed to KS for our FP. I guess the other day it had been down and FP had gotten backed up because we had waited 20 minutes or so that day and today we basically just walked right on. Lots more animal activity than Thursday too! Saw several baby giraffes, cheetahs up walking around and lots of other animals up and active.

After KS we walked GFT which was MUCH more contested than MJT had been. Lots of animals out and about though and we enjoyed it. Then, we grabbed some Starbucks, walked to in front of the otter enclosure and sat and finished our drinks.

After coffee we headed straight to Nomad and snagged the last available table outside. OMG. Heaven. We could sit here all day. DH decided not to ride FOP since he had motion sickness issues the other day and is happy as a clam to stay there and rest.

I’m in the preshow for FOP. Then, we’re off to our brunch at Le Cellier!

9 Likes

After we left AK yesterday we went straight to Epcot where we planned to eat our brunch at Le Cellier at 3 and then explore WS a bit more.

Well, brunch was lovely although we weren’t terribly hungry. Epcot was INSANE. WS was a zoo. So many people and the walkways were packed. I had grabbed a FP for Soarin’ which started at 4 but DH decided he didn’t want to deal with the headache of navigating a packed park (I think I saw somewhere that EP was a 10 yesterday :scream:) so we walked back to BWV. We rested until our Flying Fish dinner - which was at 7:50. It was quite delicious!!! We had debated on going to DS for a late night at Raglan Road but decided we wanted to get up today and try for a BG for Rise before our flight home so we just grabbed a bottle of wine from the gift shop downstairs at BWV and crashed in our room.

We didn’t do too much today but it was a great day to rest because the parks were crazy.

8 Likes

This morning we set our alarms for 6:15 so we could wake up, pack and head to HS by 7:15. We snoozed until 6:45 and then dragged our sleepy selves out of bed. We threw everything together and went to check our bags with bell services.

We were on the path to HS by 7:15. We made it to the park and were through the taps by 7:40. We didn’t bring bags in today or yesterday and it was super nice not having to wait in line to check our bags.

We headed onto Sunset Blvd to wait to RD ToT. DH and I queued up our phones to try to score an early enough BG for Rise (we needed to leave the park by 11:30) and scored group 14!! Super pumped!!! We headed into ToT and rode SB, then used our FP for RnRC and were done with both by 8:40.

RotR must’ve been having a much better morning than Friday because when we were in line for RnRC our BG was called. Score!!! We scanned our BG at 8:38 and were off Rise at 9:23. So much faster than our 70 experience time Friday and I was able to enjoy the ride much more today as I wasn’t nervous about figuring out where the drop was. This ride is so incredible. I can’t wait to bring our kids back next year and experience it with them!

After Rise we tapped our FPs for ST and then went to Trolley Car Cafe for breakfast. I left DH in line and went to tap our Frozen FPs at 9:55 and then was able to score a SDD FP at 10:25! Woohoo!

Went back to meet up with DH, drank our coffee, watch some street performers and headed into TSL. Rode Slinky and managed to get a FP for TSM at 11:25 but couldn’t get it moved any earlier and we needed to be leaving BWV at noon. Stopped in a shop to buy myself a lounge fly (first one!) and get the kids some rice crispy treats and strolled home. Currently relaxing on the lawn about to head to the airport.

Thanks for all who followed along with our trip! We had a blast and I totally think everyone should take a kid-free trip here. I love taking our kids but it’s such a different feel without them. It was our first time staying in an Epcot resort and I love it here. Can’t wait to come back!!

22 Likes

Loved following along! Have me considering an adult only trip now… Sounded like you two had a blast.

1 Like

Really enjoyed your report. Nice packed trip with just enough relaxing.

How was it? I’m a bit worried about that.

Thanks for following along! It was such a fun trip!

The drop wasn’t bad at all. I had seen so many comparisons to ToT that I was nervous about it but it really wasn’t like that. I mean…the type of drop is similar to ToT but not nearly as far.

2 Likes

Again, loving the Michigan references…but maybe its time you return home to Disney :laughing: Totally joking, I had no idea what it was either, and I’m a novice with no room to talk.