Live Trip Report: 5/1/24-5/6/24 - Two Laughing Ladies Named ET

My daughter is the Extra :star_struck: her name starts with E.

I’m the Terrestrial :crazy_face: my name starts with T.

I love ET :heart: so I find it fun

3 Likes

It’s too early for this…

5 Likes

Welp… D14 took her leatherman in her personal item and TSA stopped me for it. :see_no_evil: They had to throw it away because we didn’t have time to go back to the car…. which made D14 cry because her Dad gave it to her (unfortunately he passed away two years ago, so it meant a lot to her). What a start to our trip

2 Likes

5 Likes

Sorry that’s the way your trip got started. Hoping it only improves from here. :crossed_fingers:

What’s a leatherman?

2 Likes

It is a tool that folds so you can put it in your pocket. It has pliers, a small knife, a file, and I think a screw driver? It’s like a multi purpose tool.

2 Likes

A Harley Davidson biker dude.

3 Likes

Oh I’m so sorry :pensive:

1 Like

My phone died… sorry for not posting!!!

D14 fell asleep in the Lyft on the ride from the airport to Cabana Bay. I was stressing about ride share so bad pre-trip, worried I wouldn’t be able to figure out which car was for me… but it was super easy! I was picked up within 5 minutes. The guy had my name in one of those light displays in his front window, so he was hard to miss. The charge to Cabana Bay was $32.50 and I tipped him $10.00 (because we had three bags).

7 Likes

We were here by 1:30 pm and Cabana Bay was able to get us into an inside family suite without any wait. I had prepaid in full, so I was only charged $0.01 for a deposit. The concierge desk was able to print out our tickets & express passes within minutes. We got to our room by two and found our view is of the parking lot, lol. I forgot to take a photo then, so I just snapped one now at sunset:

8 Likes

I was tired and wanted to rest for an hour or so, but D12 was on a mission. So by 2:30 pm we walked over to Volcano Bay and hit the lazy river… then rapid river… twice… it was 89 today and the direct sunlight was a lot after just an hour. So we grabbed an ice cream from the stand right before you leave the park (the rainbow swirl was out booo). Then we headed back to CB.

6 Likes

By 3:30 pm, I’m starving. So we decide to go to Moe’s at Citywalk for a quick burrito and chips (D14 is a simple girl and likes simple food when it is her choice). Then I said it was possible that we could swing into Diagon Alley to exchange D14s broken wand.

Here is what ended up happening:

There was no wait for Ollivander’s in Diagon Alley. We went in with another family & D14 got picked (she’s lucky and gets picked every time). She got a new wand with Unicorn Hair. I was “gifted” with her old broken wand, which Ollivander switched out for a new black one. So I’m excited to do spells with D14 on Monday!

10 Likes

Now it’s about 4:30 pm, I’m a little energized due to the food I just ate & D14 really wanted to swing over to IOA to pick up a specific sweater she saw on Rick Flix’s latest stream. So we hopped on the Hogwarts Express (posted 25 minute wait and only waited 12):

7 Likes

After getting off Hogwarts Express, we walked over to Hagrids to check on the wait time. It said 55 minutes, but the line looked short and the crowds weren’t too bad… so we got in line. Rode Hagrids in 29 minutes.

As you can see from the picture above, I’m totally wiped by this time. We swing into the last resort store on the way out of IOA and D14 gets the sweater she wanted on sale for only $29.99 instead of $70.00. So that was great!

11 Likes

It felt like forever getting from IOA to the bus, but in reality it was only 15 minutes or so. They have some private event happening at the parks and Citywalk so the parks closed at 7… then sections of Citywalk were closed off & there were swarms of people heading in. When we finally got to the bus, it was only a 5ish minute bus ride to CB. I’m now soaking my feet in the bathtub with epsom salt and took ibuprofen. D14 wants to night swim at CB pool… but I’m thinking it’s going to be an early night in instead. :sleeping:

5 Likes

Up at 6 am and showered to get ready for early entry. Go Gryffindor:

On full park days I always start out wearing sneakers:

I bring a fanny pack with back up phone battery/medicine/foldable water bottle, my land yard with park tickets/roomkey/credit card, then frog toggs for the heat!

PS: for D14 I always bring a dry erase board so I can layout our daily plans.

8 Likes

Brilliant!

2 Likes

This machine seems to be more temperamental than McDonald’s ice cream machines :roll_eyes:

We’ve never tried it.
Seems like a lot of vloggers have been having it lately, so I had been hopeful, but now I’m not so confident :laughing:

1 Like

Sweet :ok_hand:t4:

1 Like

Have a great day :sunny:

1 Like