LIVE- Kanga and Roo's Absolutely Memorable Holiday- A Mother/ Son Trip Report- NOW FEATURING a special guest- TIGGER!

Yea! Glad Disney contacted someone you know about your phone.

:rofl:
I am seen.

3 Likes

My mom was very leary at first. She didn’t want to give out my info. She asked how do I know you are Carly from Disney Guest Services and not someone trying to steal my daughters phone. Honestly that is the most weary my mom has EVER been. Normally its like you need my SSN and maiden name- here ya go!

6 Likes

:scream: :scream: :scream:

2 Likes

You have taught her well, then. :smiley_cat:

2 Likes

Great TR!!

Sadly, makes me realize I should have invited DS23 to take a Disney trip with me. He lived at home for a year after graduating and just moved out. Now he has a “real” job and more limited vacation time. Sigh. I lived vicariously through you.

You also inspired me to loosen up and pivot when needed on the upcoming trip with DD19 and her BFF. Adult children do not always follow the plan.

4 Likes

Really any adults!
I’m struggling with DH and his mobility. He’s having issues walking distances due to his back. He must frequently stop and sit to relieve pain. A scooter would help tremendously! But he says he won’t get one unless he absolutely has to. He’s embarrassed what people will think. And he feels “old”. We had to stop 3 times on the way from IG to GotG. I say it’s at the “has-to” point.
In line he had to squat down. But the whole time he’s “fine”. This really messed with all my plans. I have a hard time pivoting when need be. But I’ve gotten better. A few years ago being even 15 minutes off schedule would give me anxiety. I think that’s why I gravitate to Disney so much. I’m so familiar with it that rearranging plans and adjustments on the fly don’t take a whole lot of research. I can mentally make the adjustments, throw it into a TP to see how feasible my plan is on paper and go. This could take place all in 1 ride line.
And we’ve been so much that I’m ok if we miss stuff. I’ll prioritize those things for next trip (and I do).

4 Likes

I wish my DS had a more steady job where taking off wasn’t so easy. He’s working part time at the moment. He doesn’t have many expenses and would need a full time job plus what he is doing now if he had to live on his own.
The last invite I gave him was 5 years ago. I really just didn’t think Disney was his thing anymore. But also I think he’s good for 2 maybe 3 days, and not straight in a row. After that, he’s done. He was so excited that he was going to make it back in time for his sparring class yesterday, lol.

6 Likes

This is how we ended up on my second trip in 6 weeks. 2 1/2 weeks to vacation and we had no plans. I can do disney in my sleep. It’s less stressful than trying to come up with another plan.

I’m sorry to hear about DH. I get that he doesn’t want a scooter. But, man, it seems like it would be easier on both of you.

2 Likes

It took DS23 a full year of barely working because why start something when “I’m about to get the perfect job”. Then two friends from college lured him to NYC and he took the bait. Not sure it was a good move. But trial by fire and all that. I was so frustrated with him I feel like I missed an opportunity.

2 Likes

So this happened!!!
Weirdly, my Google Photos has a gap from the time we left home to when I logged into the temp phone I was using. So ALLLLL my Disney pictures were on my phone in Disney’s possession.
But it’s back BABY!
And now I will download my photo pass photos and share :clap::clap::clap:
Also that temp phone has terrible emojis!

16 Likes

Finally! Glad you got your phone back.

2 Likes

I’m so glad you got your phone back! That feels like a miracle, honestly. And yay for the photos to come!

3 Likes

Finally getting those Photopass pictures downloaded, lol.
Incoming!

5 Likes

6 Likes

7 Likes

8 Likes

6 Likes

7 Likes

I feel like I’m missing some…

6 Likes

These are all great! I love that DS was such a good sport about doing all the goofy poses.

2 Likes