Live-ish trip report: 7 nights at Copper Creek

Wait…it’s not a real person :laughing:

Ok but it is super convincing, especially when you’ve woken up before dawn and are being awed by all the amazing things you’re seeing! I was so impressed by it.

1 Like

I saw the ingredients list and was put off both of the “milks”… I’m highly dubious either would be sufficiently tasty…

1 Like

Oh I wasn’t being facetious or snarky - I thought it was real too!!! I did figure out that it wasn’t though after a (long) while

1 Like

I was skeptical too. But I actually liked both but green was delicious. And the milk stand blue milk was better than the one we had at Oga’s.

Nah I didn’t think you were being facetious. :upside_down_face: I want to go back and stand and look at it right now.

I… didn’t even have an inkling until I was reading a trip report here and someone said it was under a tarp. I had to reread that sentence 3 or 4 times to try to figure out what was under a tarp. Haha, glad I wasn’t the only one. It is so cool!

1 Like

sniffles - me too. I’m really enjoying your trip report. You have done a couple things we did a few weeks ago (Geyser Point and Brunch at the top) My trip report was lame because I was just too lazy to post pics

4 Likes

Same for me. Really enjoying your report @hmbhmbhmb

“Lame” is better than none, which is pretty much how my attempt is going right now. 2 sick kids and pile of %$&#* at work means still no updates on my report. Maybe tonight I will post day 2.

2 Likes

Aw thanks, guys! I live for feedback so I’m glad folks are enjoying. It’s a fun way to preserve my trip!

We came back to the resort for a nice long midday break — we got back here around 1:30, and I think we’ll head to Epcot around 6ish to graze around the world at F&W. Right now I’m hanging by the quieter pool at Boulder Ridge. It’s lovely here! I wish I could find the playlist they have going right now. I’d have it on all the time while doing chores / working at home and stuff.

And @bethro23 — I’m having fun posting pictures as a way of giving some shorthand so I don’t have to spend quite as much time typing. It’s pretty easy from my phone’s web browser!

11 Likes

…and fighting with autocorrect. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Well! We had a very lazy afternoon. We drove to Epcot at 5:30; there was quite a line to get in to park. I didn’t have a plan at all for tonight, other than wandering around World Showcase and grazing on F&W. While DF did Agent P in Japan, I grabbed the vegetarian curry and a beer from India. It was pleasantly spicy! As I ate, I stumbled onto the jeweled acrobats — I love when you just happen to come across stuff like that! Also omg how do they do that with their bodies?!? It’s mind boggling.

Then we continued our stroll towards Germany, where DF got the sausage in a pretzel roll. (I asked if we could have an extra roll because I reeeeally wanted some pretzel bread, and they gave me one!) We also stopped for two of the chicken teriyaki buns in Japan, and the black beer in Brazil. Tasty!

Now. Epcot Forever. I… don’t have much to say about it? It didn’t leave much of an impression on me — usually what I love so much about the nighttime shows are how they melt my frozen cold heart and make me feel all the feels. This… didn’t. The fireworks were great! The kites were very cool! But I didn’t feel myself about to shed a tear like I do when watching HEA. I didn’t dislike it, but I’m not sure I’d go out of my way to see it again.

Now it’s EMH until 11 — we’ll see how long DF lasts… I definitely want to ride FEA so fingers crossed the lines aren’t horrible. First we’re about to see The American Adventure, which I’ve never seen!

9 Likes

Oh no. What standing question? I was there for dinner last night!

Don’t worry, @hmbhmbhmb checked it out for him. He needs an outlet, there are none in Contempo Cafe.

1 Like

:+1:
I had to pause reading!

1 Like

Good morning from Epcot! I’m waiting standby for FEA — we’ve got FPs for it in a couple hours but I didn’t get to ride it last night and I wanted to take two trips to Arendelle this trip. I might book it to test track to the single rider line, but my feet are really starting to hurt after this many days of walking. I might need to stop and get some blister protection…

DF is taking the morning easy; he’s going to head to Epcot at some point, and then we’ll keep doing the Remy Hide & Squeak!

Other stuff on the docket today:

• Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto (one of our favorite places — we’ve always sat outside to soak in the warmth, but we’re going to try for inside today! Also because it’s kinda brisk…)
  • I think we’ll try to play SOTMK? We’ve never done it and it sounds kinda fun
  • HEA w/ dessert party
  • EMH at the MK — we’ll see how long I last. DF is a poor tired bunny so I don’t think he’ll hang long.
8 Likes

I didn’t take many pictures today because we were too busy stuffing our faces with food and wine stuff. I have to say — it was all really tasty!! We tried:

• the frozen chocolate truffle
  • cheddar & bacon soup at Canada (yum!)
  • filet mignon with mushrooms from Canada (yum!!)
  • red ale from Ireland
  • beer from inside the Weinbar at Germany
  • cheese bread from Brazil (DF loved, I think it’s gross because I hate melted cheese)
  • meat pie from the Africa outpost (extremely yummy!)

We both agree that Epcot might be our favorite park — it’s just so lovely and relaxing and gorgeous. It was pretty chilly today; I bought a light F&W hoodie that I love (and that kept me warm). Also, it was 25% off, plus another 20% off for my AP discount!

Now we’re at the Poly waiting to get into Trader Sam’s. We’ll have a fun drink and then head to the MK for HEA! I hope it’s not too chilly for Tinkerbell to fly… (Truly, nothing is better than when she flies. It’s one hundred percent magical.)

12 Likes

Damnnnn. They have way over-sold this dessert party. I’m none too pleased about how crowded it is in here! :rage: Like, I get that there are far fewer nights for folks to see HEA during Christmas time. But still!

I probably should’ve had more cocktails at Trader Sam’s… (which, btw, is the best. I love that place)

13 Likes

Oh no! I hope you were able to enjoy!!

LUCKILY no one got the memo that the view is best at the back, so right as it was about to start everyone pushed forward and left us plenty of room!

But I of course enjoyed because HEA is THE BEST. I’m incapable of not shedding a tear when Tink flies. It’s too perfect. :heart_eyes:

12 Likes