Live-ish trip report: 7 nights at Copper Creek

Two weeks is so soon!!! And I mean — I guess doing work at Disney would be better than doing work… at work? But then maybe I’d rather just be in the parks. Hmm.

2 Likes

Agreed, but it was the only way I could swing it while not taking extra time off. I’m actually looking forward to it. (Though that’ll probably change greatly once I’m there).

30 minute line??? Yeah, good decision to pass on that. Snag it when the lines are down. Should be often, especially once you’re out of the weekend.

2 Likes

Do you have any photos of the interior of the villa?

1 Like

Not yet but I’ll take some tomorrow! It’s honestly gorgeous. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Fun!!
CG brunch is one of my favorite dining experiences at Disney.

2 Likes

I booked it for April based on the Enabler network here…

6 Likes

You will love it!

1 Like

Planning on booking it in September. Added a day from my original plan solely for CG brunch. :woman_shrugging:t2::raised_hands:t3:

2 Likes

loving this! brunch looked so very wonderful. thanks so much for taking us along with you. :grinning:

2 Likes

Phew! This was a busy first (full) day! I might have run DF a little ragged, but he requested we do Pirates and Pals, and with the Christmas parties, there were only a couple nights we could do it.

Verdict on Pirates and Pals: It was honestly great! You get to meet Hook and Smee, interact with some totally pirates who tell some excellently corny jokes, but the real best part is the view of the fireworks. HEA is my #1 favorite thing here and when you’re up near the castle you don’t get to take in the fireworks themselves as much, since the projections are so amazing. But being out on the boat (and knowing what was happening since I’ve seen it before) really gives you the whole scope of the fireworks, and they’re legit so amazing. The other bonus is that we got to see the fireworks and not have to leave the Magic Kingdom afterwards!

I definitely see the usefulness of the afternoon break — we used brunch as our “break,” but it’s not the same as actually coming back to the resort and hanging by the pool (and most importantly, resting your feet). Today and tomorrow are the only days we aren’t taking a real break, since we’re going to Universal tomorrow (shhh don’t tell Disney we’re cheating!).

Total step count for the day: 21,032
I can’t believe it’s almost 11pm. It’s time for bed!

Tomorrow: Universal Studios! Hopefully you all won’t mind if I do a little non-Disney detour? We’re only there for the day. Then it’ll be back to your regularly scheduled Disney content, promise. :wink:

19 Likes

Can’t wait, love following along. Can’t wait for the Universal detour.

Now, under ordinary circumstances, I would say it is a clear violations of the terms of service, and so posting trip reports from Universal is cause for immediate dismissal from the forums…the fact that in 6 months from now, we’ll be on a Disney/Universal combined trip where I’ll have to violate the same terms of service, I think a little civil disobedience is justified! So, go ahead. I won’t tell if you don’t!

3 Likes

Good morning from Hogsmeade! We got a later start than we meant to, but on our way in we bought express passes, so it doesn’t really matter. It seems not super busy today, but HP World is always crowded. The theming is great here, but it doesn’t quite have the same Disney Magic.

We just ate at the Three Broomsticks (it was okay-ish — the Ken’s dressing that comes with the the side salad really ruins the illusion that you’re in a wizarding world), and with a full stomach, a beer, half a Dramamine, and the relief band, I’m going to try braving Forbidden Journey. Wish me luck and no barfs… :nauseated_face:

16 Likes

I survived!!! Definitely that is a ride that tips you every which way…

7 Likes

Yay, I can’t wait to see the rest of your report! I’m so glad you’re posting your Universal day as well!!

2 Likes

Lines are pretty long today! Even with express pass I think we waited about 20 minutes to ride Gringotts. But the worst part is the lockers — oof they really need to figure out how to make that more efficient. Between people coming in to store their stuff and people coming to take their stuff out, it’s not a good system. That said, I do enjoy a visit to Gringotts.

Now we’re sitting enjoying a butterbeer (me) and a lemon squash (DF). What should we do next??

12 Likes

Take a tour down Knockturn alley.

How did FJ go?

1 Like

…it was in the post above…

1 Like

Ah. Thanks. Wasn’t putting 2 and 2 together. I was skimming for “FJ” or “Forbidden Journey”.

The Mummy!

1 Like