Lines Queue

First time at WDW - For character meet and greets: is it possible for one parent to wait in line and have the other join in later with the kids? Or should everyone stay together. I don’t think my kids can wait 80min in line without going crazy! What about for rides like TT?

1 Like

This is kind of hot button issue. You’ll have some that say it’s fine and some that say it’s not and is rude. I don’t particularly have an opinion but I will say places with indoor queues are going to be a lot more difficult to do this. Things like TT with interactive pieces will def. have a point of no return where everyone will need to be with you.

1 Like

Hi

Never done this however there are other forum discussions that would suggest it’s frowned upon.

Regards

Paul

I would definitely agree that it is frowned upon, and in some cases, very difficult to do. I would fear that if someone was having a really bad day, if I attempted to walk through a lengthy line with my children to join someone up front, I may cause a riot.

2 Likes

It will absolutely get you some rude stares and likely some unkind words lol

2 Likes

Good thing I asked! Thanks everyone. Fingers crossed for when my FP day opens up!

2 Likes

Unless it’s an outdoor line (like Merida, Alice, etc.) where it’s easy to slide next to your group, I wouldn’t plan for it. Some people might not physically let you pass, and it could escalate into something you don’t need on a magical vacation.

I’ve got three young and crazy active boys who are pains in long lines. It’s tough both physically and mentally. But plan ahead with things in a bag to keep them occupied (snacks, games, toys, drink) and make sure they use the bathroom before getting in a line. Let them sit on the floor. There are always exceptions, but I would definitely not plan for pushing into a line as a touring plan.

Good luck!

2 Likes

Nope - Don’t want to start any fights. Must remember that I’m not the only one with kids at WDW. LOL!

2 Likes

Remember too that with a good touring plan you should never really find yourself in an 80 minute queue.

3 Likes

He is wise that @Outer1.
@lbevilac, We have been many times in the last few years, during high crowd levels and never have waited anywhere close to 80 minutes. I can remember only one ride we waited about 40 minutes for, but that was a special occasion since we decided to sleep in and were 2 hours late getting to the park. Make good TPs, be at the parks early, and you should not have long waits at all.

1 Like

Oh stop! No you can keep going lol :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes