Lines App and Connectivity at WDW - Suggests Disney's WiFi

The Lines App has a blanket note at the top when looking at park wait times that says “Use Disney’s free Wi-Fi for best results!”. It has been a couple of years since I was in the parks, so I want to ask… is AT&T coverage worse than the free WiFi? Or is there some tie-in with the Lines App and WDW’s WiFi behind that scenes that somehow helps the App and us… like keeping track of times and locations or something?

I’m an AT&T customer and only use my own data in the parks. The WDW Wi-Fi is spotty and unreilable IME.

2 Likes

Ditto here. Also AT&T.

1 Like

Thanks to both of you, I’ll plan on using my AT&T coverage when I’m there… I can relax over that at least. Now it’s just my lingering curiosity on whether there is some special tie-ins with WiFi that helps our TouringPlans friends or what.

1 Like

I’ve found my Sprint coverage is also generally faster than WDW wifi. The exception is inside buildings.

1 Like

@Nikki, thanks. Sounds like cell internet is pretty much the way to go if you can. Thank goodness for “unlimited” data plans!

1 Like

I used free wifi on most days, as we would incur roaming fees if I didn’t. The wifi was slow and not available everywhere. On our AK day, I wanted to try for a SDFP so I paid the roaming fees. I didn’t get the FP, but the service was better when using data, rather than relying on their wifi.

1 Like

@Ariadne, thanks. At least one in our group is going to be using WiFi for the majority of the trip for the same reasons… probably not for ROTR though, since it sounds iffy.

1 Like

Two of our kids don’t have data plans. It was just easier to let them hotspot off us. Just another option to consider if your person struggles with the wifi.

2 Likes