Liners: where do you draw the line on lines?

I would have no issues with FOP in the initial scenario.

I would not, however, wait even 5 minutes for the Mine Train. I was so underwhelmed when I did ride it - could not believe I wasted a FP+ on it.

1 Like

We won’t wait more than 20 minutes, but we go a lot and always have Fastpasses for all our must-do’s.We typically have our Fatpasses booked for 9-10, 10-11 and 11-12. We arrive at rope drop and do rides in standby until 10, when we use our first Fastpass. After that we do more standby rides until 11, when we use our second Fastpass, then straight onto the third Fastpass ride. After that it’s lunch. While we’re eating we decide which Fastpass to get next, and it’s my job to grab them and get a suitable time, which is pretty much always immediately after lunch. After using the 4th Fastpass we either get another one, or go back to the resort for some pool time. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m officially in love with you right now.

Well, here’s one of my touring plans. I like it because it makes geographic sense. The predicted lines aren’t too long. And I have 7DMT (though why I’m bothering with it, I’m not sure, to be honest).

I could switch 7DMT for, say, Jungle Cruise, which is an outdoor line, so the shorter the better. But I’m not going to get a same-day 7DMT. And I might not get the other rides in the nice logical order I’ve got them.

Plus, some queuing is part of the fun. And you tend not to stop and smell the roses if you’re rushing from one FPP to the next. (This is the “risk” with the Express Pass at UOR.)

But I am wondering whether I should review my strategy.

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy:

If that’s your plan and that’s all you intend to accomplish (not to say “that’s all” in a judgy fashion) then I think what you have is fine and there’s no need for extra FPP. I say leave this particular day as is, even with 7D being so late.

1 Like

A perfect FPP is available . . . but I’d have to sacrifice my 7DMT . . .

1 Like

Don’t do it. First modify 7D to a time you like if you want to change it up. You’ll never guarantee getting it otherwise

2 Likes

Too late!

I have an FPP for 7DMT for earlier in the week. That one’s at night, and the one I’ve just sacrificed was during the day, and I thought it might be fun to have both experiences.

But swapping out 7DMT has saved me 50 minutes of queuing time on my TP, and I get to play FPP Lotto which actually sounds quite fun. Who knows what I’ll get!

I’m not going to switch up my Epcot day. I don’t want to sacrifice my FEA FPP, though I may try to move it earlier. I don’t mind queuing for Soarin’ — it’s indoors and I’ll get a Frappuccino and just chill out in the line.

1 Like

You let that part off! In that case it was the right move to sacrifice for a better timed FPP.

1 Like

Chasing FPs is fun. You might even pick up a single 7DMT. It’s very possible when you’re only looking for one person.

3 Likes

It’s a good question, but to me it depends. It’s not about how long I have to wait in one line. It’s what I can do in exchange for waiting in that line. Think of it as the opportunity cost. If I can wait in line for 90 minutes on 7DMT but can ride Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Thunder Mountain, and Splash Mountain in it’s place, I’ll do that every day of the week and twice on Sunday. If I can go on only one of those and have already been on those that trip, I’d rather do 7DMT. Needless to say, if my daughter was there, she will be choosing 7DMT. It’s her favorite ride, but we didn’t go on Thunder, Space, Kali River Rapids, Everest, Mission Space, Test Track, ToT, RnR, etc.

2 Likes

Indeed. And if I don’t, I get to blame @OBNurseNH for forcing me to give up my original 7DMT FPP. So either way it’s a win for me.

1 Like

I’ve got this hanging up near where I do all of my posting in this forum.

1 Like

About 20 mins, exceptions are waiting to get into the park or for parades/fireworks, but for those we bring a blanket plus snacks/dinner.

2 Likes

I’m at about 20 minutes too. It also depends on the attraction, how hungry we are, when do I think we’ll need to schedule a potty break, etc. All things that are much easier to identify if only planning for one.

I do have to sometimes wait outside of a queue too… when doing rider swap. That time is often spent chasing down a dole whip or other snack goody, or just sitting to rest our tired feet.

1 Like