Liner Group for Nov? Or MM share?

I have a trip 11/15-11/18/22 is this mm share still a go? I have no experience being adm but would love to jump in on a share, I’ve done them 3 times before. My ladies group of 4 will likely have less than 10 pics total across two parks so we wouldn’t add a bunch photos to weed through. Looks like y’all have 4 right now, y’all interested in adding another.

I am not in on this MM share but will be there 11/11-11/18 if there is more interest, maybe we could do another group. Mine will be just me + my daughter (8yo).

Hello! I am still in and will post here again in the middle of October to see who is still interested and start things rolling. That will give a few weeks to get things figured out and everyone connected. I have not done admin. but have no problem trying. I think both of you joining should be fine if you want to join, you are both small groups. That should probably be our limit then. I know we take full advantage and take MANY pictures.

1 Like

I will chime in here just to follow this thread! We will be there Nov 11-20. We are a family of 4 if there ends up being room!.:european_castle:

:+1:

still interested as well… only 96 days for us Can’t wait

1 Like

We’re finally getting close!

3 Likes

In the event anyone is reading this and thinking of starting a group that’d cover my trip with in-park dates of 12/14 - 12/20, let me know. I’ve been in these shares before and found it extremely valuable.

I’m not going then, but I led a Liner MM Share January 2022. Everyone was so nice. We just divided up the cost equally. Someone gave me a document in that thread about how to lead a MM Share. It was helpful mainly in that it gave me confidence. If I did another Liner MM Share this is what I’d do.

Start out by getting a fairly firm number on how many people were interested. But you don’t need that many to make it worthwhile. 1/3 of the cost is reasonable to pay for a photo package.
2) Then evenly divide up the cost and PM everyone my Paypal address.
3) Setup a fake Disney Account. Use a different email, name and DOB.
4) Buy the MM using that account. (don’t save the credit card to the Disney account)
5) Send out the login info to everyone in the group. Tell them to login and friend themselves.
5) We ended up friending everyone on all the trips. I just hated for someone to miss out on a ride photo because the lead’s MB wasn’t picked up, but someone else’s in the group was. We’d had 6-7 leads and every group was small so it wasn’t a problem.
6) Then when people got home, they downloaded their photos and defriended from the MM account, and that removed their photos from the group.

I was a little worried that there would be a problem, particularly since we had several days where three groups were there at the same time. But no problems.

One side benefit. I had a long split stay, so I had a leading reservation, then it wasn’t allowing me to make changes to the leading reservation while online. Instead of calling and waiting on hold for 4 hours I just made a new reservation on the MM Account and cancelled the one one my account. Because it was on the shared account, a couple of other people in the group were able to login to it and get 60+10 ADR’s for themselves. The trick is to change the lead guest to yourself when you make the ADR. Since the credit card wasn’t saved. there wasn’t a danger of someone charging something to my card.

My main concern was to get all the friended accounts to NOT share their plans with the MM Account. I could totally see someone accidentally cancelling someone else’s ADR.

2 Likes

@Sophia818 THANK YOU very much for this list. I have also been in a share and it was great. I said I would lead and this will certainly help!

With a group of Liners it has to be a lot easier, less fraught than with random people.

1 Like

@TPlurker Are we ready to start getting this set up?

Hello. I have been thinking of this myself. I already set up a “dummy” account and was mentally preparing myself to get it started. I am a little concerned with Disney IT, as I read a few people who did this even with their own family had people being bumped out and it was a little hassle to get things fixed. One idea I had but do not know if it makes sense is if everyone grabbed a photo card at their first photo and added to that also, if things were messed up it could just be me getting the photo card numbers and entering them in and adding them in. I am up for any suggestions and let’s start seeing who is still interested!! @Cgerres @madamelynn @melcort10 @lxlindsay @natguidry @desire499mike I hope I tagged everyone!

3 Likes

I am interested and so excited. We are a group of 2. We can certainly grab a photo card if that would makes things easier. Thank you so much for agreeing to lead. Our dates Nov 7th and 8th and in park on the 9th but back to UOR that night.

1 Like

I don’t mind grabbing a card but those will only capture non-ride photos, so I’m still interested in the process of sharing plans and photos with the dummy account so that ride pics picked up on band will load

1 Like

Hi all - thank you for the reminder! We actually have neighbors going a few weeks before us who offered to share with us so I think we are all set. Thanks again!

@natguidry Yes, I still want to set up everything as a regular “share” but was just thinking of a safety net for some pix if there is some sort of IT issue. @melcort10 thanks for letting us know. Have fun!!!

4 Likes

I’m still in!! Our Mom & Me trip is 11/15-11/11/20.

Hello. Happy long weekend. I have a “dummy” account set up and have successfully added part of my family. How should we proceed from here? I can privately send you all my dummy account email that we could use to communicate so we are not on the public chat? I am up for any suggestions / advice / help. @mkmuzzy I saw I did not tag you, are you interested also? @lxlindsay ? Without the 2 liners I just tagged, we have 5.

2 Likes

No, I have no idea when we’ll go back to WDW, it could be a couple years yet. But thanks for asking! I was part of a share once, and thought it was a great way to make MM more affordable for the two of us.