Liner Daily Tip #321 – Epcot Beer

For all you beer geeks out there, here is a TP Blog post ranking the EP WS pavilions by beer availability http://blog.touringplans.com/2014/08/01/ranking-epcot-beer/

5 Likes

Also, I’m annoyed that wine lovers get their own special name - oneophiles - but beer lovers do not. We’re just beer lovers, or beer geeks, or hop heads (for those who are particularly fond of IPAs/APAs), but no fancy Latin name for us. :frowning:

1 Like

I like the lack of pretension among beer enthusiasts, though I’m a little worried that is changing among some beer lovers. Calling yourself a cerevisian might just feed into that.

2 Likes

Cerevisian or Cerevisaphile just doesn’t do it for me. Reminds me too much of Cerveza, which, as we know, is Spanish for “watery, somewhat beer-like beverage that tastes so bad that you have to put a lime in it to even choke it down.”

"Honorable Mention: Sunshine Seasons
Nothing too remarkable here but it’s one of the few places you can get a beer before World Showcase opens. The Yuengling here is probably your best bet for breakfast."

4 Likes

Not really sure what the right word is, but you mentioned Latin and that was the best I could do on short notice. Maybe some German-inspired mashup of words would work. Bieraussentseiter or Bierliebhaber? (apologies to anyone who actually speaks German for my Google-inspired attempts here.

Actually, now that I think of it, we should be using Greek, not Latin, as all the “phile” terms come from Greek roots. So maybe Biraphile?

Yes, but does it have the @MDU Seal of Approval? :wink:

1 Like

Beer for breakfast: Approved!

Ha! @MDU is better that Beetlejuice - you only have to say her name once and she appears! :smiley:

4 Likes

I spend 60% of my day here. Those tags work great. :slight_smile:

I’m so using ‘MDU seal of approval’ multiple times next Saturday night.

1 Like

Remember to use it properly - “@MDU Seal of Approval™” with the @, capitals, and trademark. I’m not even going to think about what the actual Seal looks like…

1 Like

Maybe this will do

1 Like

Hahaha. I should have that made into stickers. I’m sure there will be ‘worksheets’ to fill out. I’ll just use those when I can’t write anymore.

Try this: https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8298/7798891990_0e7e56547e_z.jpg

1 Like

Beer may be liquid bread, but it sure makes a mess of your toaster!

3 Likes

Googling where I can get that…