Liner Daily Tip #279 - Dining Reservations at UOR

180 day ADRs are not necessary for UOR. You can make reservations for most restaurants much closer to your stay using Open Table, and walks-ups are often available.

2 Likes

I called The Palm, Bice, and Tchoup Chop directly at about 120 days. They all seemed somewhat surprised that I was booking a table for only 2 that far in advance.

Exactly. Reservations at UOR are more like reservations in the real world, or like how reservations at WDW used to be a long time ago. Remember going to the Communicore at EP and making reservations at one of the restaurants there for that day?

1 Like

What about rooms at UOR? I’d like to wait for a deal or Orbitz code, but not having a room makes me nervous. I’m looking at Feb 1. Is there any reason to book soon?

I’m not that familiar with the discount opportunities at UOR. Maybe someone like @Skubersky can chime in here.

No worries @brklinck. I was really just making conversation. It’s not a dire question or anything. Thanks for the daily tip, as always.

For our last few trips we have found best prices on Cheaptickets.com. They regularly have 20% off codes and UOR resorts have always been eligible. And also, the longer you stay, the more you save in addition to this discount. For August we got RPR for about $160/nt which beat the discount we could have gotten with a regular annual pass ( we have power passes and would have had to upgrade) by over $100 for the week.

I SO miss those days!

@sally I would start booking. The Portofino Suite I booked months ago is sold out. Cheaptickets is on sale now.

Aw, we had to cancel our UOR trip plans. Maybe in 2016. :frowning:

UOR website claims that onsite guests get priority at restaurants. How does that work? Do I still need a reservation? Does this include City Walk restaurants too?

Its only "select "restaurants now and someone had problems a few weeks ago with it but I can’t remember which ones. I would book via open table or next table for the ones that use that. You can book on the day or if busy a few days before. No credit card needed. so nothing to stop you making 2 reservations at diff times then cancelling the one you don’t want. Priority seating still has a wait as there are thousands staying on site.

1 Like

there might be a list online somewhere

Thank you! I’m so excited for this trip!