Liner Challenge

I’m in Florida for a work meeting and one of my colleagues just announced she has rented a car and will go to WDW Friday after our meeting. I am helping her plan last minute, first time. I told her MK of course, will help her with what FPP is possible. She will drivefrom Sarasota, arrive WDW likely 8am. Tricks/tips for this scenario welcome!

So is she arriving on Friday and just going that day?

yes! i have got her Set up in MDE and with a one day ticket and over dinner we grabbed HM, Jungle, and Pooh FPP with the idea to work on modifications tomorrow. She doesn’t like coasters so that makes it easier and is looking just for the Magical Intro Day. Ihave advised against TS in favor of QS to soak up the park vs sit inside. (would love to hear a couple of QS priority ideas. i’m sending her for a Dole Whip). She will need to leave around 6pm to head to MCO to head out on a 9:30 flight home.
So about 9 hours in the park: a great Liner Challenge.
Q: cause I’ve never done it: since we bought her ticket on MDE (and thus its linked), does she need to stop at Guest Services to get a card ticket? Her MDE on her phone is not enough at the tapstiles?

change Pooh FPP to Pirates. RD Peter Pan and then do other stuff in the area. Make FPPs for as early as possible to try to get more, or if that’s not feasible last minute, make them no earlier than 11.

1 Like

What time is she arriving? Noon?

goal is parking by 8am. we have a HM FPP at 10 am. i was going to send her up Main Street to see the opening then RD PP as @felicia3333 advised (thx!), maybe SW, carousel, then here HM FPP, then Pirates (FPP if we can modify, thx again, @felicia3333!) and/or her Jungle FPP which I think was 11:15. Then maybe Tiki, then back to Fantasyland. I need to work in a parade and other experiential must-dos for a first timer.

wait, is Peter Pan open agsin yet? It was closed Jan 8-14 when i was there

1 Like

So the meeting is not Friday?

sorry, my original message was ambiguous. Today and tomorrow are our work meetings. instead of flying home Friday, she decided to plan a day at Disney. She’ll depart by car from where we are now (Sarasota) about 6am Friday morning to arrive MK at 8am-ish. Then catch last flight home from MCO that night 9:30pm-ish. So about 8am to 6pm in MK

2 Likes

Definitely will need to get the card to tap at turnstiles or buy a magic band. :blush:
I don’t like Dole whips so would go for a Mickey Bar or pretzel. Or a cupcake.
Or that Nutella crepe sandwich thing.
Yeah, I like chocolate.

1 Like

The DFB has two recent blog posts about MK snacks that got my wheels turning!!! On our list is the Peter Pan Float! Maybe a reservation at BOG just to see the place and try the grey stuff? Sleepy Hollow has the Nutella waffles. The plan looks great so far! Check one of the links to see best place to catch the 3pm parade. I loved the train station because it didn’t feel crowded and it was a cool vantage point. Hope she has a great time!!

2 Likes

Find her some youtube videos on 4th FP and modifying. That would help her see as much of the park as possible.
And maybe help her rank her must do rides so she knows what to prioritize?

1 Like

So giving back here: on another thread I saw someone note that since they are a AP holder they could use their MDE account to book FPP and show a friend how to refresh, modify, and get those multiple FPP after the first three. So, In addition to changing my friend’s Pooh FPP to Pirates as recommended, as a AP holder I booked myself some dummy FPPs to show my friend in person the wonders of modify, modify, modify. She is fully prepared and really excited! Oh, and I immediately canceled my illustrative FPPs so I’m not holding any that others could access and really use.

2 Likes

Yes, Peter Pan is now open again. I believe it reopened on 2/2 and was available to us for EMM on 2/3.

1 Like

Report from my friend at the end of her MK day: she got everything done she wanted to between 8am and 6pm, and “This place is not only magical, but also transformational- it makes you be anything you want to be.”
Thank you for your help — i’d say that was a challenge fully met.

4 Likes