Line-cutting

@Rhea98 No fully agreed. Someone cutting and causing you a 15 second delay is one thing. Someone basically stealing your spot is another. Good for you for standing your ground. We had a similar instance happen. Although we didn’t wait that long (about 15 minutes) we had a prime spot for MainStreet Electrical. NO ONE was around us. We sat at the line and waited. An extremely rude group of people were behind us. As there were some kids we decided to stay seated (myself, my wife and our two kids 9 and 12). The group behind us continued to bump into us (no the normal bumps) they were horsing around and pushing each other and we were caught in it. They they got those disgusting turkey legs and literally were eating them right above us. At that point we all stood up (as they were dropping food on us). Normally I would let the little kids around us - but I was so furious that they had so little regard for everyone else that we just held our ground. It is a shame that you have to do that - but people can just be rude. So I get it

3 Likes

I either mind or don’t mind depending on the number of people “cutting.”

If there is one or two stragglers joining a larger group, I don’t mind it too much. We’ve all been there where we need the bathroom and then have to join the others in line.

On the other hand, if one person is in line and suddenly six other people join them, then I mind.

5 Likes

Oooh been there. I try to always be thoughtful in my approach because it always seem that they’re visiting from another country and I understand there are cultural differences but rude is rude in all languages. I can’t tell you how many times we’ve staked out a parade viewing spot an hour before and had families squeeze in at the last second and try to use their stroller as a battering ram of sorts to move you out of the way. I feel my blood pressure rising just talking about it lol.

Like I said, I always try to put myself in other’s shoes but I paid just as much to be there. My opinion is that everyone has to decide what’s a priority to them. Some want to squeeze in as many rides as possible and miss the front row at parades and shows and others want the opposite. I wouldn’t try to squeeze my way past you in line on Space Mountain because I was watching the parade and I don’t expect people to sit in front of me at the parade viewing because they were riding Space Mountain and missed a good viewing spot.

5 Likes

I know what you mean. I have been with extended family members. They are drinking and dancing and often have no clue what their wild children are doing. We did our best to keep our son entertained so he would not disturb other people. He was nine on his first trip to Disney World and better able to cope with waiting. I don’t think I would have enjoyed taking him when he was younger. It would have been too much work. Thanks for your service as a CM. I find most CM’s to be helpful. I encounter the worker bee CM’s when I take early morning walks. I was taking a picture and the landscape guys offered to take a picture of me with the background that I was photographing. It often helps to start with I need help with “x” can you help me or direct me to the right person.