Liberty Tree MK review * Oct 2021

LTT was our first meal in a restaurant in over a year on our May/June trip earlier this year. The service was awful, slow as molasses and they tried to seat us next door. While parts of the meal were good, I agree the dessert wasn’t as ooey gooey as in the past. My husband can’t stand family style or buffet meals anyway because he thinks too much food is wasted so I doubt we will go again as long as it’s still family style. He only agreed to go this time because thanksgiving meal is my fav meal and our daughter’s fav meal and he was being sweet. I think right now they are placing quantity above quality. If it went back to ordering individually we’d go again. I agree the pot roast was yummy.

2 Likes

Whaa? That is like going to BOG, paying BOG prices and then sitting in … McDonalds.

I am starting to think I should just make the toffee cake at home. Or, heck, in the condo while at Disney assuming we go with that option.

2 Likes

It is the perfect holiday food. People look at us like we are nuts. But, you make it a few days ahead, clean the kitchen and the day of just make a salad and garlic bread. Plus, most everyone likes it.

1 Like

We used to go out for Thanksgiving and cook for Christmas, but we stopped that a few years ago and didn’t want to have to cook mostly the same things twice barely a month apart so now we do normal Thanksgiving and lasagna Christmas. We even have a crock pot lasagna recipe that we use that takes even less prep and time than normal.

2 Likes

Thanksgiving is turkey (only because it is a conduit for stuffing…which I do put in the bird because it tastes better), Christmas is a prime rib roast, New Year’s Day and Easter are both ham.

2 Likes

I had it a couple years ago at one of the dessert parties and it was heavenly. But I agree with the comments here, when we went earlier this month to LTT, it was seriously lacking and a huge disappointment! I was hoping for the same heavenly experience!

2 Likes

strongly disagreed in June!

I ate all of them for my table LOL

100%! So good :drooling_face:

:flushed: wow! We wanted seconds!

2 Likes

That’s the nice thing about Canadian Thanksgiving being in early October. We can spread out our two turkey dinners!

3 Likes

I agree! They got annoyed when I said I’d happily wait for a table inside LTT.

1 Like

They have a vegan option for dessert, I believe its a banna cake. Its very good, we’ve had it before. LTT is one of our favorite restaurants. I take people’s review with a grain of salt, everyone has different levels of taste and quality. LTT is a must do for us on every trip!

And I could drink that salad dressing… give me more!!

I shared this in another thread, but the LTT chef took my dd’s allergy to artificial sweeteners very seriously and basically told her she couldn’t have any of the available desserts. Instead they brought her an allergy friendly cookie. She was less than excited about it!

We think he might have thought she was allergic to artificial flavors in general. We had to over-explain that a few times during our visit. Eventually, she would say … “Do you know the dish with all the sugar and sweetener choices you give people for coffee and tea? I can only have the actual sugar. The other things in the dish are what I am allergic to.”

Interestingly, she had a shake there and apparently that was fine.

1 Like

I don’t see how they couldn’t whip up a piece of pie crust/shortbread with some fruit and whip cream. I mean, none of that stuff contains sweetener

1 Like

Haven’t been since 2017 but it remains one of our favorite meals of all time.