Liberty Tree MK review * Oct 2021

First Impressions: Rustic, wood paneling, wood floors
Soft drinks included, $39 each. All you care to eat. 10% AP discount
Reservations are sometimes hard to get at higher crowd levels.

Bread is a good, but basic and generally available dinner rolls.
Salad is a leafy greens, with a vinaigrette. It smells strong of vinegar, but not taste. Definitely ask for dressing on the side. Ours had too much. I don’t like vinaigrette dressings, but I did like this, or would like it, if there wasn’t so much on the salad. The weird part of the meal, they didn’t offer us clean plates after the salad. Mine had so much vinaigrette dressing after the salad, I had to specifically request a clean plate.

Sides were mac n’ cheese (tastes exactly like Kraft box mix), smashed potatoes were good, and a bread stuffing, also good. A bowl of turkey gravy is also served. We did not like the green beans at all. As we looked around, it appears most other tables didn’t like them either.

Proteins included a pork loin, our least favorite of the meal. They also served turkey breast slices, which were good. The star of the meal was the pot-roast.

Over-all a good meal, nothing fancy. Think of a Sunday afternoon dinner with the family, with grandma and aunts cooking, you have a Liberty Tree meal.

Dessert is a large scoop of ice cream and Heath Crunch pieces over a toffee cake. We didn’t care for it. Again, looking around, most other tables also ate the ice cream and left the toffee cake.

It did take 70+ minutes for the meal. So it is a good idea for a break from afternoon heat, but maybe not for dinner if your reservation is too close to the fireworks time.

We would eat here again, if we have the time for a table service meal. Otherwise QS at Habor House or Pecos Bill is our normal go-to for food in MK.

8 Likes

Definitely a restaurant to visit for theming’s sake.
Food is just … ok, IMO. Points awarded for a great (historic MK) visit, though…

1 Like

Consider Liberty Tree better than most. Eating right next door at Diamond Horse Review is basically the same meal with a different back ground. Thanks giving Dinner is what we think and we loved the green beans and desert. Now for some other information. Crystal Place is still a buffet but it truly ain’t like it used to be. No more huge peeled shrimp. Ohana’s has changed as well. No more meats brought to your table on Skews. Still quite good though. Cape May’s is Homestyle now and the huge peeled shrimp, All-you can eat crab legs are gone along with the claim chowder. You can still get crab legs at $38 per pound. Not worth the cost now. Avoid. Coral Reef has a three item menu anf you pay way more than you get. France is another place with a small menu with a big price. Don’t even think Italy unless you want a $50 Pizza. Mexico is OK for the money but nothing special. Germany is another buffet but it is very good and pretty much the same as the past. Whispering Canyon is good and something like Hoop De Do for food. No show though but the waiters are quite funny. Chief Mickeys is now home style and the food is good but you get what they bring you want it or not. It’s still all you can eat but it is spendy. It does have character Dinning though and Mickey and friend show up for photo’s briefly but no more close up’s with the kids. We got snubbed by Mickey. He came and went in a flash kind of like the Beast a BOG. Speaking of BOG, get your wallet out because it is $65 per person and they select what you have for lunch. Don’t know about Dinner as I probably couldn’t afford their prices. Hope this helps give you an idea of the changes. Simple, you pay more for less food and choice. :roll_eyes: :wink: :nauseated_face:

1 Like

Well, this is disappointing. We booked LTT for our only TS at MK after years of hearing how great it is. DD17 said she loved the idea of Thanksgiving dinner in the middle of a day at MK. She can’t even eat the toffee cake anyway due to allergies.

We liked BOG for lunch when it was lunch. Dinner (which is now also lunch) was forgettable. DD didn’t care for Skippers.

So, now what?

I guess this depends on your idea of Thanksgiving dinner. I personally wouldn’t call this a Thanksgiving meal just because it has turkey and stuffing on the menu. But it is a good meal of comfort food, and considering its in a park, It is good park food. If thats where your expectations are, I don’t think you’ll leave disappointed.
(we do not care for BOG dinner either)

2 Likes

I’m actually wondering if we should hop a boat to GP instead. We planned TS lunch each day to get away from the crowds (9-10 whole trip). GP is pretty far from the crowds!

1 Like

I would book lunch at Steakhouse 71 at the Contemporary. Nice break from the park, but easy walking distance or monorail and their lunch menu looks delicious and reasonably priced.

2 Likes

FWIW I have been to LTT 4 times in the past 15 months…once we discovered the family style meal it became a must-do for us. I had always shied away from it after a miss on their old lunch menu, but for us the family style meal it has been a big hit! Our kids/teens especially love it but DH and I really enjoyed also when it was just us. My favorites actually might be the garlicky green beans and the salad. I could do without the pork and the rolls are nothing special but everything else is fantastic to us. I do agree about needing a clean plate after the salad though.
ETA: I do wish they’d improve on the cranberry sauce. I’d rather have the canned variety than what they serve and I know cranberry sauce can get far better than that.

3 Likes

Geyser Pointe is a great location right on the lake, but it is open-air dining. If you’re here and it’s hot, there is, is no a/c. The food at GP is bar food. Liberty Tree is a meal. GP may not be for picky eaters.

We like GP for drinks after sunset, and the electric water parade.

1 Like

We have SH 71 for dinner before the Christmas party. And brunch at O’Hana the next morning. If we don’t do LTT we really might try for walk up at GP. It was lovely when I last went. Only problem was it made me “move closer” to join the list so I had to already be on the boat.

2 Likes

Steakhouse 71 is definitely a better meal than Liberty Tree, but also a different style of meal.

3 Likes

We are waiting hopefully for the a la carte lunch menu. I always order the pot roast, so good!

I’m not sure what’s going on with the toffee cake. I dream of it! And it’s always been a strong contender for favourite dessert on property among liners. But recently it’s getting bad reviews.

2 Likes

MK has pretty bad food for us. We tend to eat at a resort. When we’re not doing LTT.

1 Like

I wasn’t blown away by LTT. It was fine, but I think that I had waited so long to finally eat there that maybe my expectations were too high?

Skippers Canteen was excellent, and I definitely plan on returning during both of my solo trips.

2 Likes

We have no interest in the family style meal so we may never return. I’ve got the toffee cake down to a fine art now - I just made it again last week actually - so I’ll be ok skipping it there.

2 Likes

… the pot roast was good. I would be willing to return if lunch switches back to a la carte.

2 Likes

I agree with you there. If the toffee cake is going downhill, that is disappointing. Not everyone likes toffee though. I hope that is it.

I think I’ll love the atmosphere, but we don’t even do Thanksgiving dinner on Thanksgiving. We do lasagna. Also, without interesting characters, we won’t do to a fixed price meal. But, a la carte, we’d do that.

1 Like

Funny we do lasagna for Christmas.

I love toffee, but I was disappointed in the toffee cake at LTT when I went a couple years ago. It was not ooey or gooey and was actually kinda hard and dry. I was so looking forward to it from everyone’s comments, but it was a total fail for me.

1 Like

Actually the last time we had it in 2019, it wasn’t as ooey gooey as before but it was still delicious.

1 Like

That’s the year I had it :joy:

1 Like