LI couple flies to Disney for the day

A couple that lives in my home town flew to Disney this am and are flying home tonight for a whirlwind one day four parks trip. That’s been a dream of mine to do! So fun! You can follow them on IG @park_hopper_daily.
https://instagram.com/park_hopper_daily?utm_medium=copy_link

7 Likes

I have only ever seen people do that for ball games, because we don’t have any pro sports. We live too far away to do it for Disney, but to me, that’d be far more worthwhile!

Right?! I think it would be so fun to do. Probably not an all rides all parks challenge, but a quick day trip for some dole whip, people mover and sacred space? Yes please!

3 Likes

:astonished: OK. That is crazy.

I’m getting :yawning_face: just thinking about it.

4 Likes

I’d never do that. If I lived a short flight away (& not in another country) I would consider a weekend trip- flying in Fri night and out Sun night, but that’s the shortest I’d go for pretty much any trip involving a flight!

They do 1 day wish trips from my city (4.5 hour flight, I think they leave at like 4 AM) and I always wonder how that goes.

2 Likes

I would be too afraid something wouldn’t go right with transportation to do that.

I did do a quick 1 night trip last January and it was a lot of fun, but also a series of unfortunate events that would make me too hesitant to attempt a same day round trip.

1 Like

I’ve flown down to California for the day to visit both DL and DCA. But I wouldn’t do that if I couldn’t fly standby (ie little or no cost). And not much of a challenge to do those two parks in one day!

2 Likes

My DW and I did 4 parks in one day during the 24 hours at disney event a few years ago but we didn’t fly back that night. we stayed overnight then left the next day. from waking up for the flight at 2:30am we were up 32 straight hours before we made it to the room. it was fun but definitely a one time thing for me :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Did you find that every ride/show became weirdly hysterical at the 24-hour mark?

1 Like

Oh my gosh, that’s epic!!

Honestly that sounds awful and exhausting to me. An overnight is essential. You gotta sleep sometime! But if that’s their bliss, more power to them.

2 Likes

By 24 hours we were delirious :joy: The jokes on the Jungle Cruise definitely seemed funnier than usual :slight_smile: My biggest mistake was only booking the room for the day after. I thought why pay for a room for a day i’m not even going to use for 24 hours?? I found out why when we went back to the resort after the MK closed and our room wasn’t ready :weary: We had to wait in the lobby for a 3 hours until a room was available… Like every trip though, its the hiccups like that we look back on and laugh at :slight_smile:

5 Likes

We did an Alaskan cruise and could not sleep the last night since it never got dark. We visited the “IMAX” theater in Anchorage which I put very loosely in quotes as it was a regular theater where we were to watch a movie on the Northern Lights but what we got was a slideshow like you would watch in school in the 80s and 90s. We were laughing so hard and disrupting the audience that my brother got up to leave so as to not be rude and walked right in front of the projector leaving his shadow all across the entire movie screen. This is the most memorable moment of that trip! Sleep deprivation can be fun if not for those around you.

2 Likes

oh man I would’ve been dying laughing :joy:

3 Likes

OMG! I’ve seen that “movie” in Anchorage!!! For a capital city the options for wasting time until you go to the airport were….limited.

2 Likes

ha ha ha…yeah, we enjoyed our lunch but this theater was not quite what we were expecting coming from a capital city myself with an IMAX theater and real movies. We were awfully rude though but we couldn’t help it because we hadn’t slept and were literally out of our minds.

1 Like

Juneau:

I have family in Anchorage and have been up there and fully relate to these stories. :rofl:

2 Likes

LOL, you’re right. I actually loved Juneau but it even smaller than Anchorage. But it had sled dogs and fresh salmon!

2 Likes

:grimacing:

My fifth grade self is shaking her head at me.

2 Likes

Right. They don’t even make them do that anymore. Nor teach them cursive. I made mine do cursive workbooks in the summer so they could at least sign their names in cursive.