Let's talk about resort Table Service resturants

So I added on Whispering Canyon Cafe for our departure day. We have never eaten here and didn’t want to take much time out of the parks to eat. We did that last time, and while there are some fantastic meals at Disney, we are there for the parks. Didn’t know much about Whispering Canyon except that I knew we would need to eat breakfast and we might as well have a little more fun. I wish they had some of the old shenanigans that they used to have, but the ketchup thing will be fun. I do say, I’m not looking forward to this meal, because that’ll mean our Disney trip is over, but maybe I can look at it from the perspective that it’ll be a great way to end the trip and a great start to the day.

What’s your favorite resort breakfast meal and in what resort is it located?

1 Like

Favorite resort breakfast would have to be Boma. Love it.

1 Like

Mine is Boma at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Close second (DD’s and DH’s favorite) is Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For experience: Chef Mickey’s in the contemporary. (I know, I know…)

For Food: Boma in AKL

4 Likes

I’d be really hard pressed to choose between Trail’s End and Boma… Unless it was on a day Trail’s End serves brunch. Both of these are buffets. I really like being spoiled for choices. Especially when everything offered is really good.

2 Likes

So far: 1900PF.

Why? Omelettes made to order. Mickey waffles, syrup and frosting. Soooo delicious. Characters and fun. Organ is crazy.

2 Likes

I’ve done breakfast at Boma (AKL), Chef Mickey (CR), Kona(Poly), and Trattoria al Forno (Bon Voyage Breakfast - Boardwalk) and Whispering Canyon. I would gladly do any of them again, with Kona my first choice for food and Trattoria my first choice for characters.

1 Like

I haven’t done one yet - I had to cancel Kona last trip and was really disappointed as I was looking forward to the macadamia nut pancakes.

This trip we are trying Boma and 1900PF and I’m excited for both.

2 Likes

Cape May. Beach Club.

We have recently come to realize we are at the World as much for the character meals as the park attractions. Mickey waffles, strawberries and whipped cream.

4 Likes

We did Ohana breakfast on our departure day and loved it. The Mickey was one of the best characters we encountered the whole trip. My 4 year old was not a fan of characters, but Mickey got several smiles out of him. Plus the food was delicious.

2 Likes

We loved Kona Cafe for a departure day breakfast. My daughters both liked the macadamia nut pancakes and I loved the Tonga toast. Plus, POG juice!

1 Like

Thank you Randall— we might be the only two the recommend it but we loved Chef Mickeys!! It’s a classic.

3 Likes

We like Grand Floridian Cafe if you are in the area. Nice and relaxing. Trattoria al Forno meet and great cannot be beat with non-traditional breakfast food.

2 Likes

I tried to not schedule Chef Mickey’s this trip. I like it but there are just so many great restaurants you people talk about and make me want to eat at, so I was trying to work one more of those in. Everyone from Grandma to our DSs put their foot down and insisted that we cancel another breakfast and schedule there instead. It is a classic, indeed.

2 Likes

You forgot to mention the strawberry soup.

1 Like

Good to hear this -we will be trying 1900 PF breakfast for the first time this summer!

1 Like

Used to love breakfast at Kona, sadly, found it not as good last time. Love Boma.

1 Like

Breakfast? What’s breakfast? As West Coasters, my family is just rolling over in their beds at that time!

1 Like

Ok, at the risk of being stoned as a heretic… I didn’t like the macadamia pancakes! I don’t think I’ll go back to Kona. I’ve loved every other breakfast I’ve had at WDW though.

1 Like

Because I’ve never had it. I always forget.

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like