Let’s talk about September weather

Hey all,

I’m heading down next week for a quick long weekend trip. I’ve been following the weather and naturally, everyday has chance of thunderstorms

What’s it really like on the ground there? Quick mid afternoon downpour or is it consistently rainy every afternoon? Every forecast has looked the same for the past two weeks! I’m down to poncho up and carry on but want to be mentally prepared.

Thanks!

1 Like

It’s still summer so afternoon seabreeze storms are still a daily thing. But we are also entering the height of hurricane season. Whether there is a named storm or not, the possibility of all-day rain is probably higher now than any other part of the year. (Rained most of the day today - first time in weeks.)

2 Likes

My trips in September (which have been almost every year for the last decade, usually in the first half of the month) have run the gamut of no rain, to 2 hours of flooding rain each day but clear otherwise, to actual named storms.

In other words… weather is weird.

4 Likes

4 Likes

On the ground now. Mornings have been really pleasant and sunny and then midday to night is storms - off and on rain. Previous September trips have been during hurricanes. There no predicting it except that it definitely will be muggy as heck and it’s going to rain at some point. But besides the weather, it’s such a great time of year crowd-wise.

4 Likes

This kind of sounds like the joke, “But other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?” :wink:

(Although, I actually agree with you…but still found it funny.)

6 Likes

Hahah it’s so true.

But honestly, the weather in Orlando is never awesome. There’s three weeks a year without 75%+ humidity.

1 Like

Thanks guys! I appreciate it!

1 Like

It’s HOT :hot_face:

6 Likes

We were just there for a few days. We lucked out and got no rain, but I haven’t been that sweaty in a long time ( and I live somewhere with hot summers). Anytime you’re outside, you’ll be sweaty. Just accept it and have fun anyway. Drink lots of water.

3 Likes

It has been very, very humid so far. Like, to the point where it’s less than 90° but I’m still literally dripping on my shoes.

We’ve had some rain and thunder each day except today, but less than an hour on all but one day so far. It’s been mostly in the early evenings, when the sun is starting to set, so it stays really damp. Definitely nothing unexpected.

3 Likes

Thanks for the update @Nikkipoooo! I head down tomorrow so I’m glad to hear it hasn’t been as rainy as the weather apps are showing. Enjoy the rest of your trip!

1 Like

So, before tonight my friends and I had been enjoying a 4-year steak of excellent September Halloween Horror Nights weather.

It ended tonight, in very soggy, stormy fashion. We even got held in a house for about a full minute while they were trying to clear some of the water from the exit… it was still about 4-6" deep when we were allowed to go through! Then a bunch of the houses went on delays due to flooding.

I’ve read about this happening in September pretty much every year before, and we’ve had some really heavy rain during the daytime but somehow we never had more than a very light sprinkle on any night we went until now!

4 Likes

There was also a funnel cloud spotted around Epcot earlier in the day. September can definitely throw some surprises out.

3 Likes

My DD was there and saw it, then ran into the Land! They ride LWTL and she said parts of the roof were leaking :wink:

3 Likes

I think that building needs some repair. Remember (were you here yet?) when my family was evacuated out of the backside of Soarin and the whole building was evacuated as well during a big storm in June 2021? (It was right after Dutch Spaceship Earth)

3 Likes

I was looking at the weather (again) just now for my upcoming trip.
Thunderstorms here and there every day.
Trip ruined.

3 Likes

I had not migrated here yet. That’s crazy!!

1 Like

Yikes! That’s pretty awful :frowning:

I’m sorry you got sogged out!!

1 Like

Last night Wednesday was sunny!! :hot_face:

2 Likes