Leave MK in middle of day or stay?

Will be at MK on 2/16 (Friday) with wife and 2 kids (5 1/2 and 9). We have a second day (2/19) at MK and I’ll be using all the tips and tricks I’ve learned here, so I’m pretty confident we’ll see all or nearly all we want to see. We’re staying at the Dolphin. If we feel like we need a mid-day break, what would you do? Take the annoying Swolphin transportation options back to hotel? Take the monorail to one of the hotels and chill there? Just suck it up? We plan on seeing the fireworks on 2/16. Any advice on this or related topics welcome.

1 Like

I like taking a break from MK at Contemporary and eat lunch at Steakhouse 71. If you want a longer break, bus back to YC and walk to the Swolphin.

2 Likes

For us, nothing beats resting at our room even if it is for a short period. We would go back even if it meant resting 60 mins. Your overall stress levels will go down noticeably. Get new underwear, short nap, etc. Another option is walking to Contemporary and taking an Uber from there.

3 Likes

Or snag a Minnie Van from MK.

1 Like

isn’t that like $30?

Head over to WL by boat and eat at Geyser Point.

Have a look round the lobby, go over to the Carolwood Pacific room to see the models. Grab a drink and head upstairs to thff ed books or rocking chairs.

3 Likes

I love this idea, too. Wilderness Lodge is so gorgeous and relaxing.

Lots of good ideas already! Something I have always wanted to do, but never managed, is to take a midday break (maybe even with QS lunch or snacks) on Tom Sawyer Island. Would also depend on the weather of course.

We stayed at the Dolphin last Christmas (with 6 and 8 yr old kids) and used YC buses to get to MK for rope drop, but monorail & Dolphin bus to get back when everyone was tired of walking (YC bus stop is a 10 min walk from the Dolphin). Unless something goes wrong, the amount of time you spend is roughly equal for the two options.

2 Likes

That was going to be my second option.

There are seats near cover at Aunt Polly’s.

1 Like

I think more. But worth it to some (it’s me,I’m some).

I’m just wondering why someone needs to change their underwear during a mid-day break from the parks. Is there sharting on rides that is more prevalent than previously thought?

3 Likes

lol I took it as you get sweaty. But that could be a factor for some I guess. :rofl:

1 Like

When out kids were young we would either head to Tom Sawyers Island to let them just roam around, or we would take the boat to Ft. Wilderness and let them play on the playground and ride a pony.

3 Likes

Some good ideas here, thanks all!

I’m just flabbergasted how this is even up for discussion. Sweat gets everywhere during a normal hot Florida day. I just can’t imagine how anyone can go on a full day just simmering in their own juices. Changing underwear and socks is a must in our family.

2 Likes

A lot depends on your crew’s level of tolerance for heat, noise, people, and just plain input.

Being quiet, cool, recumbent and socially isolating for a short is huge in our family.

We enjoy spending time our resort as it’s part of our time in the World.

Luckily, there are plenty of choices at WDW. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

The technical term in Florida is “swamp @$$”.

2 Likes