Leading stay FPP question

I know I’ve read the answer before but if I have a reservation that is a package (onsite room + tickets) and then I add another onsite reservation for the 2 nights before my package begins (couldn’t get the same deal for those nights), when does my FPP window open? Trying to decide whether to cancel and rebook second part without tickets and then add tickets to the earlier/first reservation or whether all that trouble is unnecessary.

Also, can I book FPP for others in my family and friends who are arriving a day or two later when my window opens? Do they have to be the same FPP as I make for me? We often split our party FPP-2 people for this, 4 for this. Also, we will RD, but the others likely will not. Do they have to be in the same park?

If the leading 2 nights are a package, you will open the window for your whole stay 60 days before the leading reservation. The packages will magically find each other and combine into a single mega-package. If it’s just room, the two bookings will not interact and the leading will open for two days’ FP’s (assuming you have tickets for it) at 60 days before the leading check in and then the package will open for it’s length’s FP’s 60 days before the package check in.

Yes, you can book for other people if they’re in your friends and family (and they have valid ticket media for the target days). No, they don’t have to get the same things you get. No, they do not have to be in the same park.

1 Like

Thanks–leading nights reservation is not a package currently–that was the problem I was wondering about. I tried to book my dates with a pin code but the first nights weren’t available so I booked a package with tickets for the nights that were available and then added a 2 night leading stay but didn’t need additional day tickets. Guess I will cancel and rebook as 2 room only stays and buy tickets separately.

Thanks–that is good to know.

1 Like

Interesting. I was told something different on another forum for two room-only reservations. There, I was told that all you had to do was make sure that you had a ticket for enough days linked to your MDE account and you’d be able to book FP for all of your trip days when your first room reservation hit its 60 day mark. This is for a DVC reservation, though. (I’m renting DVC points.) Maybe that makes the difference?

1 Like

I think you are right @Beth33 for your situation as I think @ApolloAndy was responding to my specific scenario. My second reservation of my split stay is a package but my first reservation is a room-only reservation. This weird situation is because only my last 7 nights were available for my pin code offer so I booked the room for those 7 nights in a package with 8-day tickets and then went back and added a reservation for the first two nights not really thinking about FPP window issues.

2 Likes

It does work like this for room only back to back stays. When a package is booked for the second part of trip, this messes up the FPP booking.

2 Likes

And I will, yet again, be the dissenter here.

A room only reservation before a package stay should still open the window at the first 60 day mark.

You can only book FPs for the duration of the package, so from the package check-in date.

Now, given the massive debate last time, someone was testing this out for us around about now. Can’t remember who though!

3 Likes

Sorry, I forgot to give feedback on your other questions! I’m afraid I can’t help with this one:

My gut says no, but I’m really not sure.

Last May, I was able to make different FP selections for different people in my party. Ex. DD and I did NRJ while DH, MIL, and DS did FOP. I imagine that you could make FP for different members of your party in different parks, but I haven’t tried that one myself.

I agree with @Nicky_S. I also agree that I have read at least three reports of it working exactly as you said it would.

That would work, or two room only reservations, or two “ticketless packages” with dining and tickets bought at discount.

Quote: Also, can I book FPP for others in my family and friends who are arriving a day or two later when my window opens? Do they have to be the same FPP as I make for me? We often split our party FPP-2 people for this, 4 for this. Also, we will RD, but the others likely will not. Do they have to be in the same park?

Do your friends have a package? If so, you will have to wait until their window opens I think.

But if they have a room-only reservation with separately linked tickets, then yes you will be able to book for them at your 60 day window.

This is using the “umbrella system”; you would have to initially select at least one of your group to be able to book for the others. But on the next page, you could then deselect that person and still proceed to book the FP. So using this method, then their FPs could be in a different park. Just select yourself, on the next page you will get a warning anyway, so you deselect yourself and carry on.

1 Like

Wow–thanks for the tip. I never would have tried that.