Leading Reservations for dining?

No idea. That should have worked. I’m guessing it has to be the 3rd bullet point, and random glitchiness with the app/site. Check again today.

1 Like

Campsites DEFINITELY count for 60+10. They are commonly booked for this purpose.
60 days from today is 5/18 not 5/17

1 Like

Must have been, because it worked this morning. Hooray!

2 Likes

Was that delay related to time zone difference between you an FL?
I’m more confused now because 60 days from today is 5/18.

Help my addled mind undo the confusion.

1 Like

I tried last night before midnight my time, so it was definitely still the window for 5/17 in all time zones. I just double checked that I was booked starting 5/17. The only explanation that makes sense is that the system just needed some time to process before it allowed me to start booking (even though my reservation was already showing in MDE).

I come bearing a gift! Please let me know if you spot anything wonky or have any suggestions. (Thanks to @Tall_Paul1 for taking it for a test drive!)

6 Likes

Are on-site hotel guests in a different park pass availability pool? I just got my tickets and I had to book park passes for the 3 of us on the leading reservation separately from the 4 who are not. Will this cause any issues at any point?

Yes these are two separate groups. As long as you all have valid park reservations for the same parks, it will not cause any issues.

Edit: Just realized you meant that you will be removing the leading reservation leaving you outside the on-site pool. What will happen is that your reservations will be switched to the “day guest” pool, and if there is no capacity there, you might lose your park reservations for those parks / days. A slight risk but if you are cancelling far enough out, you should be ok?

Yeah, that should be fine. It didn’t even occur to me that the timing would be better if I made sure to get the tickets linked and parks booked first.

I guess I could cancel the ADR and leading reservation, rebook the park tickets, then rebook the leading reservation and the ADR?

I don’t know if it’s necessary, but I would. 1 - it would give me peace of mind. 2 - it would give me something Disney related to do!

1 Like

When I re-book the leading reservation, will it toss those of us on the leading reservation back into the on-site guest pool?

1 Like

That is a good question and I think it would require a peek into the programming script! :joy:

My hunch is that if you cancel and rebook your reservation on the same day, it will keep you in the resort guest pool the whole time. But if you wait overnight after canceling, I bet it would shift you into the offsite pool, where you would stay. Again, just a hunch.

2 Likes

I have no idea. Go with @Jeff_AZ’s answer, it sounds good to me!

2 Likes

I cancelled the ADR, the park passes, and then the leading reservation.

Out of curiosity, I tried to rebook the park passes. It is letting me book all 7 of our party at once (including the 3 that were previously on the leading reservation and that it previously made me book separately), so I think that means it put us back in the off-site pool?

So at that point, I wonder if it makes a difference if I rebook the hotel reservation again tonight or wait until tomorrow? I think I’ll just rebook it and see what happens. It’s probably easier to pick up a stray park pass day or two starting from 50 days out than ADRs for 7.

(I think I am really bad at these sorts of hi-jinks! :joy:)

1 Like

I’ve cancelled reservations before and it didn’t remove park passes? I had to manually delete them. I assumed once you have them they are good unless you go back and delete them? Is this not the case?
Edit: I did park passes before I booked the leading reservation for dining but I hadn’t updated my DVC points rental yet and I noticed for some days my park pass is in a different pool than everyone else’s. Like it’s listed separately but it’s not that way every day.

1 Like

The question is whether it updates which pool you are in behind the scenes (on-site, off-site, AP), and what happens if it tries to move you into a pool that no longer has any availability at that park.

If not, it could be a backdoor way of getting around the on-site/off-site split.

Maybe @Tall_Paul1 will pop in at some point and test it for us. :joy:

For now, I undid and redid everything, park passes first, then leading reservation, then ADR and will hope for the best!

2 Likes

I’m assuming by your next comment that you rebooked tonight. Based on your observations, I think that was the right call.

1 Like

I guess we’ll find out! :joy: :test_tube:

1 Like

I see. So I’m safe since mine have been sitting that way for days but potentially overnight it could bump you out.
Y’all are just trying to determine if you book a hotel room to get in the park reservation for on site pool and then cancel the room do you keep your reservation if the off site pool is full?

Not with that objective, but it comes into play indirectly. Right now, both the on-site and off-site pools have availability for all of my park days. If I booked park passes as on-site while the leading reservation was in place, and off-site becomes unavailable before I cancel the leading reservation, then it brings up the concern that I would lose my park pass by no longer being on-site. I have my fingers crossed that all our park passes are now booked as off-site so that won’t be an issue after I cancel the leading reservation. But a reason definitely not to dally in holding on to the leading reservation once all ADRs are in the normal 60 day booking window.

For anyone gathering data, even through it made me book park passes for the 3 on the leading reservation separately than the 4 that were not on my first go, after I booked them, I did not see them split apart into groups like she is seeing. (And it wasn’t until afterwards that it occurred to me why it was making me split them.) Mine were all in one group of 7 for all 10 days. So right now it looks just like it did before I rebooked them. I have no idea if that is significant or not!

2 Likes