Laura_hastings & Hubby Focus on Rope Dropping, Quality Time & Dining: A Trip Report

The real chefs de France would be mortified!

3 Likes

For sure! We got pixie dusted into that spot too, and I was blown away by how much better it was from there. It will be hard to sit anywhere else now.

Glad you had fun in CDF, despite the issues with your husband’s filet. Nice of him to be a good sport about it.

Looking forward to MK day. Always fun to see how others tackle it with so many different ways to go about it.

2 Likes

This helps me too, thanks!

Love all of this!

We were definitely confused :thinking:

1 Like

12/10 Good Wednesday morning from the Magic Kingdom entrance! We were out of the resort at 6:30 and called a Lyft for the Contemporary. We had a mobile order set for 7 am at Contempo Cafe with hopes the guard would let us through. Our Lyft driver asked if we had a reservation when we told him we were headed to the Contemporary, he said they’ve gotten very particular. When we got to the guard shack at CR he asked where we were headed, I told him breakfast at CC and he smiled and waved us in. Phew!! It was 6:45 now and we still had 15 min until CC opened so we started the panic dance. Do we wait for our food or do we bail and head to the Contemporary walk way to MK? We bailed and headed to the walkway when we heard someone mention the line was getting long :dizzy_face: We arrived in line at the walkway at 6:50 (it stretched to the crosswalk. We were the last people to fit on the MK side of the street) line started moving at 7:15. They held us for a bit then were through tapstiles by 7:25. Walkers had the advantage to busers today. We walked with purpose to 7 DMT and are currently in line (7:30). Will report back!

Edit to add: made the second train on 7DMT and off by 7:45. Headed to BTMRR and had no wait! Headed to Splash and will go from there. What a great morning at MK! It’s so empty in the early mornings. We even stopped in between rides to do some Photopass shots.

7 Likes

Eek! I probably wouldn’t bailed on breakfast too! Happy MK day! We’ll be there later. If you see a lady with four kids holla! It’s probably me! :wink:

4 Likes

Ok I love being on the boardwalk a LOT—YC/BC is my #2 favorite spot, but Wilderness Lodge is, IMHO, the most lovely and peaceful of all the resorts. I love it there.

6 Likes

We got so much done this morning at MK. 7dmt, BTMRR, Splash, PoC, Haunted mansion, WtP, CoP, Buzz, Space Mt, tea cups, photos, water breaks and a cavalcade all before our 11:00 ADR at LTT (which was DELICIOUS). Back to the Swan to veg out (we’re watching The Queens Gambit :laughing:) and plan to head back to MK to ride everything again around 4:00. Park closes at 8, so looking forward to castle projections and rides at night before our 9:00 ADR at Cali Grill. It’s a BEAUTIFUL DAY! Rope drop is amazing if you can swing it. The park felt empty from 7:30-9:30 am.

17 Likes

You guys are so dang cute! Love the matching shirts and masks. Sounds like an amazing morning! Yay for you. Can’t wait to see your nighttime pics.

3 Likes

Well done! RD is definitely key. Close match on Buzz, I assume that’s you with the higher score. Bragging rights over Hubby for the rest of the night! :rofl: LTT looks really good.

1 Like

You did a ton before 11 am!! Well done.

1 Like

I THOUGHT I saw a Mom of 4 sitting at a table with 4 young children, eating at Cosmic Rays this morning. I almost yelled DEEP IN THE HEART OF TX!?! but chickened out :rofl::rofl::rofl:. Please dont tell me that was you and I missed my chance!

3 Likes

That is me with the higher score. Funny story though. I am AWFUL at Buzz, and hes actually great. I only had 12,000 points by the time he had over 100,000. Then, the ride unexpectedly stopped for quite a long time and I kept shooting at this one target over and over again while he had stopped. When he realized what I was doing he tried to catch up. THATS RIGHT I CHEATED. And Id do it again. :wink:

11 Likes

That is NOT cheating. It is taking rightful advantage of the circumstances. DH could have as well. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

What I never realized is that you are allowed to hit the same target over and over again. Instead, I found myself furiously trying to hit as many of the targets as possible. This information is a game changer (literally) because it means once you hit a high-value target, you can just keep hitting it.

Why didn’t I know this? Shrug

1 Like

There is a target that must be worth 20-100k, dont know how many times I hit it, i dont think more than once or twice but I jumped up 100k. DH thought it was a glitch but I was purposefully aiming at high stuff in the back. It was toward the first half of the ride.

1 Like

Great to know this. Sounds like a fabulous start!

Awesome scores! I found a YouTube or something before our last trip detailing all the high point targets. Some of them are impossible to hit, but we scored our highest ever that trip😂

:joy: oh man I wish you would’ve yelled that out!! It wasn’t me but that would’ve been awesome!! I’m sad we didn’t cross paths today. Sounds like you guys had a lovely time!! You totally crushed RD!!

1 Like