Laura_hastings & Hubby Focus on Rope Dropping, Quality Time & Dining: A Trip Report

Those drinks look good!

Wednesday 12/9 It’s Epcot Day! We walked from Swan to the IG and arrived at 10:15 for a 12 opening. Only 4 families in front of us and were told they will open at 11! We will be headed straight to FEA.

9 Likes

@Tall_Paul1 & @drvillarejos The cell service/wifi worries me in the rooms. We plan to look around for a better signal when we have time. Did you find a good place in The Swan? Worried about ROTR BG on HS day. The service in the room is fine for “normal” stuff but looking for the best spot.

1 Like

I tested on fast.com outside near the bridge connecting Swan and Dolphin, the Swan lobby, and inside our room on our walk back on the night before. No difference, and about 25-27 Mbps on wifi everywhere, which was a lot better than my 4G. No complications at all getting BG 8 that way from the room. If you’re getting that speed from your own data plan, then I would trust that dependability more than wifi, but the vast difference in speed for me, forced me to wifi and to hope for the best.

3 Likes

How did you like that walk from Swan over to IG? Did you go past BW or past YC/BC? I just love that whole area.

1 Like

The walk is FABULOUS! Dont think I will stay anywhere but the boardwalk from now on.

1 Like

DW’s and my thoughts exactly. I could maybe envision adding a MK resort into a split stay if I found a good deal, but otherwise could be totally content in that Epcot/HS bubble.

2 Likes

Through temp check at 11. First in line for tapstiles and through at 11:10. 2nd in line at FEA at 11:15 and being held here.

Edit to add: ride started at 11:25 and we were on the 2nd boat! It was fantastic. People streaming in as we walked out of the ride. Line was back to China as far as we could see. Headed to test track.

5 Likes

I had great service… hmmm, I also connect to Swan Wifi at some point, cant remember if it was before or after BG, and i was on 11th floor. Maybe try outside or by the lobby.

I preferred YC but thinking of trying BC next trip

Holy cow, we love the Boardwalk resort area. So much so that I am nervous about liking Disney’s Wilderness as much for our trip next year. Guess, we’ll just have to book another trip for later in the year!

1 Like

It’s 5:30 pm on our Epcot day and we walked back to the Swan to put our feet up and demask. What an awesome day! The longest wait we had was Soarin at 33 minutes (at 4 pm). We saw Anna & Elsas cavalcade as well as Santa! We enjoyed some of the Holiday Kitchens and had Grey Goose slushees from France on the boat from Morocco to Future World. That was my favorite part of today! My husbands Magic Band fell off on 3 Caballeros without him knowing it and we didnt figure it out until much later. We backtracked and when we got to Mexico and explained the situation, they took us in a back way to the Mexican Pavillion. When we entered in a side door, everyone waiting in line to get in the pavilion stared at us like we must be SOMEBODY to get special treatment :joy: Within 5 minutes a CM found the missing magic band and we cheered! We have dinner reservations at Chefs de France at 7:10 and will report back afterward.

18 Likes

Greg Goose slushies. Yum! :yum:

What a gorgeous day! Sky looks perfect. The prefixed meal at CDF is worth it if you’re hungry enough. :grinning: Great start to the trip, luckily you recovered that MB.

1 Like

LOVE that MB!!

1 Like

Fun day

I have that Magic band too!!!

1 Like

We did the 3 course prixe fixed meal at Chefs de France, @Tall_Paul1! (then we jogged to Soarin and I thought I would die I was so full). I had charcuterie, salmon and berries w/ a madeliene. Hubby had goat cheese salad, filet and chocolate tarte. The meal comes with wine and a drink (we chose cappaccino). It was really a lovely experience. We sat near a window, had a great server and it was truly a wonderful “date night.” I wish the lighting was more… romantic maybe? ( there was a super bright LED bulb overhead shining down on me). And My husband asked for his filet
cooked medium and it came out filleted in half (?) and definitely closer to well done. It had good flavor so he just ate it instead of sending back. We had a lot of fun and were happy to have such a decadent meal together. It was after 8 (9 pm closing) so we booked it to Soarin’. A sweet cast member told us we could ride it twice in a row! So the second time she saved us 2 seats in B1 and it really IS the best place to sit on the ride. We said good night to Epcot and headed back to The Swan. 5:30 am wake up call tomorrow for Magic Kingdom!

13 Likes

17 Likes

We are booked for Beach Club in June. Looking forward to it!

4 Likes