Laundry or Ship Additional Clothes?

I use the my laundry bag from my 7th grade summer camp.

I am almost 42 years old.

2 Likes

I ask for Rarotonga so we are close to laundry, lobby, pools and TTC. i’ll skip view to have everything right there.

1 Like

Loved the article and your post - just what I needed as I prep for our WDW vacation / Cruise next year, which will last almost two weeks. With four kids, lugging that much clothing is not an option (especially since my hands will likely be full carrying a child or two, let alone dragging luggage along). Laundry could be the determining factor in where we stay, which days are devoted to what activities, etc.

One question: since some people complain about self-service availability, do you know what times the machines are likely to be busiest? I’m guessing late evening is the worst time? If we have a resort day, is there a best time of day? Sounds like mornings are good, but not sure if that means we’d have to wake up early or if 9/10am is just as good as 7/8am.

Thanks!

1 Like

I don’t know for sure but laundryview helps a LOT and I can say I have NEVER had trouble in the early morning

1 Like

You’re amazing… Rope Dropping the laundry room!
Probably because you haven’t figured out how to get FPs for the machines.

2 Likes

Yes I have. DVC 1 br and up :grin:

4 Likes

Yep.
Amazing.

1 Like

My last stay I did laundry twice,

You know they sell clothes in the gift shops, right? Just pack for half your trip and buy new clothes for the rest! Simple solution.

3 Likes

I usually do some each day. Light coloured tee-shirts shirts one day, then dark tee-shirts, and then shorts and anything else I also do a wash a day or two after we arrive with our travelling clothes (jeans etc).

2 Likes

I actually considered just bringing a carryon for my upcoming trip. I have been wondering if a carryon, with frequent laundry, will be easier than multiple pieces of luggage. I think right now I decided it is impossible because of the shoes!

2 Likes

Doing laundry was one of my favorite parts of the trip. I sent husband to the big pool with the kids and I did laundry. While close were in the machines I sat out by the quiet pool reading. An hour and a half without the kids was priceless.

4 Likes

I’ve done that before we were DVC members. Actually, I think we all just swam in the quiet pool, but the kids were older (10, 14) so didn’t need watching as such.

Shoes?

I wear my trainers (sneakers to you) for travelling and take a pair of canvass shoes and/or sandals. That’s it!

If you just roll everything up, would it work? I feel like we’ve had looooong packing discussions before. :grinning:

1 Like

Sometimes using chores as a means to get some time to yourself is worth it!

I wish…Remy…

Repeat after me: Tennis shoes

Doesn’t matter if you’ve ever held a tennis racket.

Ah, the good old days. Adidas green stripe tennis shoes.

I have no idea if these were the first to popularise the “general purpose” tennis shoe, but I remember buying my first pair.

And they’re still here!

There is, of course, a variation, known as “high tops”

Everyone had to have them around the time i was in 4th grade

Having sent my eldest DD off to college over 2,300 miles away, I have discovered shipping clothes is not cheap. If you are only going one week, pack one large bag to check and use carry-ons. If you are a party of 4, that’s 4 carry ons! If you minimize shoes, you have a lot of room.