Laundry or Ship Additional Clothes?

We pretty much never do laundry at WDW, we take enough clothes to wear 2 outfits many days and stay in Orlando for about 12 days. Each person takes one large checked bag and 1 carry on suitcase and it seems to work out fine. I don’t mind doing laundry when we get back home, but cannot see a reason to do it while on vacation.

2 Likes

It is probably my imagination, but I feel like there’s an “airplane smell” in my clothes when I get home, so I don’t feel like it’s really clean unless I wash it at home.

4 Likes

I am also terrified of bed bugs in hotels and therefore clean everything I brought to the hotel, even unworn clothes.

5 Likes

I agree!! :smile: I always wash everything that comes out of my suitcase, even if I never wore it.

3 Likes

Agree! I wash everything at home so it smells right!

2 Likes

The first time we stayed onsite I did the laundry at the quiet pool at BC, whilst we swam. Took the laundry down, loaded 2 machines, set them off and then joined the family in the pool. Then, whilst wrapped in a towel, I transferred the clothes that could be tumble dried into a dryer and set it off. Left them (and the wet tee shirts) whilst I went back to the pool area, and after a while just went back and collected it all.

Now with a DVC 1 bed, I usually sort some laundry and put some on when I get back to the room. Let the dryer run in the evening and hang other stuff up overnight. Or do some early in the morning during breakfast. Tees and bras one day, underwear and shorts etc the next. Even hoodies and trousers when required.

We travel home with most stuff washed but everything gets washed aagain when I get home. Proper 60 degree wash for most stuff.

2 Likes

We plan for a midweek laundry. There is always something with something sticky on it that needs attention anyways. With the laundry app they have now it’s almost fun lol We come back from dinner and toss everything in then go back up and then my husband volunteers so he can put stuff in dryer and go to Trader Sam’s and grab a drink while it’s drying :wink:

2 Likes

Yes, since doing laundry once during trip equates to carrying about 1/2 the amount onto plane, I’m all for it.

2 Likes

Laundry just sounds so much more elegant when you can pull off using the word “Whilst”! Maybe I would enjoy laundry more if I tried that. :wink:

4 Likes

I’m afraid ye shant.

4 Likes

The laundry at Poly is sooooooooooo far away though (from Fiji, where my room was). It was my one “con” for the resort. Now I’ll be staying in th DVC buildings when I stay there, and if I do stay on cash I’ll request something nearer to it

1 Like

We made an effort to bring enough clothes that we can avoid laundry for the fifteen days we will be away. We are almost halfway through and I think we may make it. Of course we drove, so we had more room. But I did keep us to a reasonable number of bags. Thank goodness for packing cubes! I also brought a couple of mesh laundry bags so that dirty clothes don’t have to go back in the suitcases.

2 Likes

Am I the only one who is feeling woefully “under wardrobed”?

Underwear, I could do. I don’t own 15 bras, or shorts/trousers etc. Even 15 tee shirts would be pushing it. And I like to change at times so for. 2 week trip I’d need more than 20 casual outfits.

I couldn’t pack that many in one case and be under the weight limit anyway, so it’s a moot point!

6 Likes

I couldn’t do that. I’m very particular about my underwear, and each pair comes to at about $7!

I suppose I could bring cheap undies…but then I’d find myself terribly unhappy about halfway through the day!

1 Like

But do you keep your underwear forever? Surely it must wear out eventually, and then what do you do with it? Mine goes in a “travel underpants” bag. Some trips it’s just a pair or two that I can toss. I think for our next DW trip I will be able to outfit myself entirely in pairs that just have one good wearing left.

I will spare you the details, but I also am very particular about undergarments. Believe me!

3 Likes

No. But in the moment when I decide it is time to retire my underwear, I guess i’m not thinking fourth-dimensionally! I should save them for that next trip!

2 Likes

You need a travel underpants bag!

1 Like

I can’t let my wife hear you say that. She LOVES bags. Just what she is needs an excuse to buy another one! :wink:

2 Likes

FWIW, my husband does this with his older undershirts on a trip, and that does end up conserving a little bit of space on the way home.

1 Like

One thing we do with already worn clothes, that we’re not washing during trip, is put them in the laundry bags hanging in the closet(s). That way our suitcases stay fresher.

BTW, this undie discussion is cracking me up! And that’s all I’ll say about that haha!

3 Likes