Laundry detergent and Studio villas

If you are staying at a DVC studio villa, can you get laundry detergent to use in the laundry facilities, or do you have to buy it or bring it yourself?

1 Like

There’s a vending machine in the laundry to buy detergent, but we just bring our own!

1 Like

If you’re in a 1-bed or larger you’ll get a box. You can ask housekeeping for more or buy Moro (stores tend to be cheaper than the vending machines).

1 Like

What I am asking is, if when in a DVC studio, can you ask them for those bottles of detergent that you automatically get in the 1 bedroom? I know we can buy it, but since use of laundry facilities is included in the studios, I just wondered if anyone has ever just asked at the front desk or something for more detergent. (EOS brand or something like that.)

1 Like

I know people have reported that you can, but I have never tried. When I stayed at the original GFV there was detergent in the studio (the only room I have had that experience). I bring my own or buy a small box of multi load tide in the resort store (usually 3 loads ?).

Honestly I would bring it from home. What is available on a complimentary basis is… not great

2 Likes

OK I thought there was in August too at original GFV, but I wasn’t confident enough to say so (and I always bring a few laundry pods or a small bottle of liquid detergent, so I wouldn’t have used it).

1 Like

Okay, thanks. For our cruise trip, we are staying in studios and we will probably need to do a single load of laundry. Didn’t really want to have to pack it. We can definitely buy it, but just got to wondering if that was even necessary!

1 Like

When we have stayed in a studio (which is often) I have just asked the front desk and they have given me some. :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

I agree. But then again I have to use a special non-allergenic detergent. I bring my own everything.

1 Like

This! I have also had housekeeping give me some, and once at Aulani they gave me tokens.

1 Like

What were they for?! The arcade?!

:blowfish:

1 Like