Late to ADR

What happens if a fastpass line ends up making you late for an ADR?

You may or may not be accommodated at the ADR. There is technically no official grace period for ADRs. If they can accommodate you, they will try, but I have read of more than one person being turned away.

Bottom line, do not make your FP+ and ADR so close together that even going at the beginning of your FP+ period risks making you late for the ADR. Move one or the other.

2 Likes

I don’t know if it is still true, but it used to be (as of 2 years ago) that if your FP time comes and goes, it doesn’t matter how long after your time slot it is, they will still let you through. We actually experienced it one, where it was an hour or so after our FP time window and they let us through no problem. But I can imagine that if they are busy, they might not be so inclined. The point is, if your ADR comes, go to it and then see if your FP will be honored afterwards.

1 Like

They are definitely much more strict with the 15 minute FP+ grace period now. ADRs I think honestly have much more flexibility.

2 Likes

It depends on the restaurant and time of year. I have definitely seen them turn people away who were late to an ADR at 'Ohana, CP, and Le Cellier.

Also, people complain about having to wait for so long after an ADR time but part of the time it is because people thought they could saunter up whenever and get seated though they were late to their ADR.

Bottom line, be responsible and time things out so that you are not intentionally running late.

2 Likes

I have a 4:45 at TH and I was worried about making a FP for 4:00pm at FOP. TP says there will be enough time but I’m not going to chance it. Gonna try for earlier in the afternoon for FOP and leave some chill walk around time before dinner.

1 Like

You could get into line and if it it’s going to run late, modify the time of reservation.

2 Likes

And given that the FP+ activates at 5 minutes before the time, I would be there to scan in immediately. Doing that should give you plenty of time, but I would look for a later TH if you want dinner (or earlier if you want lunch).

1 Like