Late September Early October Trip 2020

It has been many many years since my last trip to WDW. Typically we visited in January as coming from Australia that suited my kids school commitments best however now we are not limited as to when we can come and I am trying to work out a good time. We all hate really hot and humid conditions but rain doesn’t bother us at all. We would probably spend three weeks all up so I am thinking late September into early October. Would love some feedback on what the weather is like at this time and what crowd levels are like.

September is one of the hottest months of the year in Orlando and it can still be very hot and humid towards the end of the month. If you want guaranteed milder weather, then you should probably aim for the January time frame. Other months can be nice but in the fall there are pretty high crowds to contend with. Plus, September/Oct is peak hurricane season, so that is always a risk

September is typically lower on the crowd end.

This is time for Food & Wine Festival and Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party, as well.

This is also hurricane season.

Heat and humidity will still be a factor.

Thanks a lot for the input perhaps we should go in Jan/Feb, just really concerned about everyone saying that these months are now really crowded. I don’t want to come off as rich and entitled because I am not but as we travel from so far away we like to come for three weeks as we probably wont get back again for a long time. It is really hard to find a three week window of relatively quiet crowd levels. I know in January there are the marathons and Martin Luther weekend. I guess I should just stop worrying and suck it up. With that much time we can get up early and do rope drop and have fun regardless of crowds. Sorry rambling a bit just kind of thinking out loud.

1 Like

Late oct last year in Orlando we had one afternoon that was 90-92 degrees. Most days were 85+. Dec is 75+.

Depending on what you are used to as far as humidity, I don’t find late Oct or Dec humid. I’m also from the mid Atlantic US where we get very high humidity very often thru the summer months.

Have just spotted this and thought my input would help, dependant on whether you have made any firm plans yet.

First a couple of questions:
Will you be staying on property, or off?
Will you be just doing Disney during your stay?

My perspective:

I live in the Channel Islands and also do not like heat and humidity - in our summer we can get up to around 30 clecius and between 50 to 75% humidity (generally).
We have stayed in WDW in July and late August/early September. I found July to be excessively hot but Aug/Sept to be easily manageable. I also find that Disney is better looking after its guests than Universal with regard to heat - July was horrible around Universal but ok in Disney

I also have a long way to travel to get there and to get best deals plan and book a long way in advance. We are going 2nd to 23rd September 2020, yes it is hurricane season (July to November?) but we are prepared to risk it. Current crowd level predictions are 1s and 2s! As has also been mentioned The Food and Wine Festival is on in Epcot and Micky’s not so scary party is also on.

On the UK Disney site there is a free dining plan offer for dates up to 3rd October 2020 - if you stay in Disney resort started on the last day of the offer the dining plan would run for your 3 week stay. I have booked with the BC and the website is reporting the offer to be worth £3590 and a Disney $100 gift card (I booked in April which included a $200 gift card but the same total cost. You should be able to get this deal too if you can access the UK website https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_GB/ - if you want to investigate this option further I may be able to assist.

There are plenty of other things to do outside of Disney but for our last trip we had a great time on site and 3 weeks gives you plenty of time to do everything you want to do.