Last Solo Trip For a While - Maybe

Funny how typing out the thread title I couldn’t fully commit to cutting down on solo trips. (Maybe) :blush:
You people have ruined me! Wait. That sounds like a @sanstitre_has_left_the_building impression. :joy:

(The dragging starts in 3.2.1 …) :grimacing:

For reals, though. I am loosely planning a trip for the last weekend of FARTS. Possibly pushing it back to early March for my birthday 3/8. Birthday trip will work out best schedule wise, but isn’t early March spring break for states like Texas? I do not want horrible crowds. FARTS is ideal, but with a trip in December and another 4-6 weeks later in February I feel inclined to push it back.

I am buying a car (delivery date December 3 - January 14th.) I haven’t had a car payment in over ten years, so having one will slice into my Disney $$. (Trying to pay off in 3 years.)
Part of me says book the trip now, pay it off, money already spent. Makes the most sense. The main thing I am teetering with is late February verses early March. When is the better time? I will miss FARTS, but there’s always F&G festival. Sharing my thoughts because Liners have a way of getting me out of my head space with your fresh perspectives.

11 Likes

I fall into that ‘money is already spent so go’ category. Missing Farts would be sad, but you should be there at the start of F&G which would be fun and there’d be a lot more food booths for sampling too.

2 Likes

have you been to farts or f&g? do you have a preference? if you’ve been to both—and like them equally—it may not be a factor. it’s a win-win either way.

3 Likes

Once to both. The only preference I have is I would have enjoyed F&G more if not for having family members show up to surprise me on a SOLO trip. I was annoyed, which means I was distracted.

5 Likes

FARTS is my most favorite festival!! Also in the money is already spent camp :grin:

4 Likes

I feel like our late January into early February trips have been the least crowded.

That doesn’t help your late February early March decision at all.

:blush:

1 Like

The room at POP is cheaper in early February … :thinking:

3 Likes

A sign . . . :blush:

2 Likes

It’s ok to celebrate a birthday a little early.
Mickey won’t mind . . .

2 Likes

How much is in January? Say the 20-25?

1 Like

The same. Cheaper than March.

1 Like

Ok then my vote is January 20-25. For reasons. :rofl:

4 Likes

I prefer FotARTS too. I love looking at all the artist work. Food booths are a bonus. And cooler temps prevail then as well.

4 Likes