Last Minute Trip?

I just found out that I may be heading to Disneyland for a quick one- or two-day trip in the next few weeks. My wife’s cousin wants us to be their guides and I can’t turn them down, obviously. Anyone else planning to be there? I still haven’t picked my dates.

6 Likes

Yay for a last minute trip! Those are always so much fun. We have reservations for weekends here & there in the next little bit, but nothing solidly planned (i.e. I haven’t taken the days off work or booked any hotels).

Have booked park reservations though for:

• Sun Mar 6 & Mon Mar 7- Trying to get Sat Mar 5th as well but it’s a Saturday so will have to wait until Disney do their dump of dates to Key holders. We weren’t watching for reservations for this weekend to drop bc we had a trip planned for a just a few weeks before. But now that trip is in almost definitely not happening so trying to pick this weekend up as our next hopeful.
  • Sat. Apr 23rd (will add dates around it as we make the final decision on what to do about another weekend have booked).
  • Fri Feb 11-Sun Feb 13th - we booked this last year when dates first became available, knowing Fri Feb 11th was a day off school & in the hopes that we would get our first almost carefree DL trip since late 2019 as we had figured the youngest two kids would have least one dose of vaccine and/or a combination of nice moderate-low case rates. Then the roller coaster that is the <5 vaccine happened amidst the Omicron surge. While things are looking up (both in terms of case rates & access to a vaccine for our 4 & 2 yr olds), it would be by far the riskiest trip we’ve set off on and with the precautions we’ve taken the last 2 years and the finish line really so close for us, we just can’t seem to pull the trigger on going, but am holding on to the reservation in case we do last minute decide to pull the trigger and go anyway. But as tomorrow is the last day I can really give notice to take the day off on Friday they’ll probably be getting cancelled tomorrow at my boss’s 4-5PM (she’s on the east coast so a few hours ahead of me).
3 Likes

This is the most likely weekend we’d be there of the dates you listed, but more likely Saturday the 5th. (It’s easier for me to take off a Friday so a Fri/Sat trip is easiest.)

I’ll let you know what we decide!

3 Likes

So awesome to be know for your “plaid” abilities! Enjoy.

3 Likes

I will be there March 4 & 5.

3 Likes

That’s when we’re thinking of going! Waiting for confirmation from the in-laws that they can watch the kids then. Maybe I’ll be able to say hi. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would love that!

2 Likes

I’ll be there! The 22nd is my birthday, but I have a show at the convention center for half the day so Saturday will be our official park day. Friendly reminder that that’s right at the end of Spring Break for anyone else considering that week/weekend.

5 Likes

Wishing you an
early Happy Birthday!! :blush::partying_face:
We will be in park March 7th -9th

Some events starting that week. Food and Wine too I believe :blush::heart:

2 Likes

Awe thanks!

And thanks for the graphic, I didn’t know F&W was going on while we are there :yellow_heart:

1 Like

Fun! Just the one park day though?!?!?!? Or do you have partial days before or after?

It’s the closest weekend to one of my kids’s birthdays and also the first Saturday of being unblocked following the 5-6 Saturdays where are blocked for the peak of spring breaks. When I saw that DL reservations were out, I snagged a DCA res for us but it’s still way way up in the air if we go that weekend or on our actual Spring Break- April 4-8. Being blocked out both the Saturday before and after though makes it less lucrative, but not impossible.

I like it when Easter is later because it spreads out the spring break season so even if that week is Spring Break because it’s the week after Easter, I feel like it’s so late it should be somewhat calmer. I know here Spring Breaks always wrap up by that first week of April at the latest, no matter what week Easter is.

1 Like

Happy early Birthday! :birthday: :partying_face:

3 Likes

I just booked our flights for the evenings of March 3rd and March 5th. We have 2-day park hoppers so we will be at the parks all day Friday and Saturday until late afternoon. We’re staying at the Courtyard. I tried looking into the Tropicana and Camelot but they were both sold out for March 5th! We’ll have to try another time.

3 Likes