Last minute trip resort help - 1st trip AKL or AOA

We just found out we will be going to DW for 3 nights/4 days in 2 weeks. This is our first family trip to DW. It will be 2 adults and 5yo daughter and 2 yo son who is still sleeping in crib. We have quick service dining plan and currently have a savanna view standard room at AKL reservation.

I am wondering/debating whether we should switch to AOA family suite?? The extra room, especially with a crib would be nice and with only the quick service dining plan seems to be more options for food at AoA.
The cost difference isn’t a factor.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

We loved AoA. It was nice to have a second bathroom plus if little one is sleeping others can be in living area watching tv. We had good bus service too while we were there. I️ have never stayed at AKL and hear it is beautiful. But we loved AoA

3 Likes

You will have plenty of room at AKL. The balcony is a nice getaway for parents at night too. The theming of this resort is the best and I would recommend it every time. Have fun!

3 Likes

If cost isn’t a factor, definitely akl. It’s grounds are gorgeous, the facilities are great, and the resort itself just feels… Better. There’s not really a word to describe it properly.

2 Likes

We loved the family suites in AOA. It has a kitchenette and we ordered in groceries and ate breakfast in the room every day. It was so convenient we only stay in rooms with a kitchen or kitchenette now.

We most recently stayed in Beach Club Villas and I will say that my kids initially hated it because of the lack of theming and said it was too fancy. They eventually got over it with the pool and walk to Epcot, but it was a surprising reaction to a more expensive room!

1 Like